Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Swinley and dog owners and p00
  • solman
    Free Member

Went for a ride in Swinley yesterday and I was pretty disgusted by the amount of dog poo bags littering the sides of the trail that goes through the Go Ape bit.

Seriously, dog owners, don’t leave the plastic bags there! Whats the point?

It ruins it for everyone!

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

It is a bazzar phenomenon! If your not going to bin it, why pick it up I’m the first place?

rickon
    Free Member

Unfortunately (for this thread), STW dog owners are in the camp that you should bin your dog waste – rather than make dog poo trees.

I assume it’s a lack of understanding by numpties that assume there will be wardens around at some point to collect the poo apples from the trees.

It’s always the case that the minority make the majority appear selfish and disgusting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Local FC woods here have signs saying not to bag it, just fick/kick it into the long grass.

tallgavin
    Free Member

Flicks on kettle and awaits comments from Tandemjeremy

rickon
    Free Member

I agree with FC, bags don’t degrade that fast (unless you buy the special bio-degradable ones); poo does.

As long as it’s not where anyone, kids especially, are going to go, then it’s a good solution (the best is still to bag it up and bin it).

skaifan
    Free Member

Puppies ought ought to be raised from birth by cats so that they learn to bury their own eggs.

rickon
    Free Member

Puppies ought ought to be raised from birth by cats so that they learn to bury their own eggs

In other people’s gardens?

My dogs love going on a Easter Egg hunt whenever we move into a new house, dog breath is infinitely worse after eating feline faeces. 😕

skaifan
    Free Member

In other people’s gardens?

Dont be silly. You dont give dogs free roaming like you do cats. 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

That said, my mate’s cat poos in the toilet. She straddles the seat and goes in the loo. Incredibly strange to see, even though my dogs are very intelligent I don’t think they’d have the stability to do that.

skaifan
    Free Member

My cat drinks out of the toilet. He also has a fascination for running water. I cant run a tap without him jumping up and to sit on the side of the sink so he can watch it go down the plug.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Dont get me started on Swinley and dog owners….and bloody walkers/runner – your have an entire forest WTF do you need to walk/run on made up MTB trails with burms and everything for?

MarkN
    Free Member

I used to hate the smell round the car parks down in the New Forest. Not sure just flicking it to one side is the right way to go.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Usually once you get outside of the poo zone (300-400m radius around the car park) it should be fine. I have no problem with dog owners flicking it into the undergrowth, but bag it and chuck it the bushes? WHY?

devs
    Free Member

The best solution is not to bag and bin. That is an awful lot of landfill full of plastic and foul air for 25 years or so when a poo disappears in a week or 2 if flicked to the sides. I’ve had several dogs and never known one that wants to poo on a path, they like to go find something raised like a molehill or tussock. Can’t understand the poo bag hangers either, I’ve never caught one to quiz them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Swinley and dog owners and p00’ is closed to new replies.