Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Swinduro '17
  • Tiger6791

So who went yesterday ?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Me, I loved it, good challenge to say on it for 10 stages. I have just chuffed to be racing again 🙂

Tiger6791

From what I could see Swinley was riding well, it was a brilliant event, lots of smiles

kimbers

Was great fun, my that was a lot of pedalling !

All though, hog roast, running out of hog was a bit poor !

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As it nears the end of the season, I enjoyed it. Just glad to be back on a bike & racing again.

The pedalling hurt though. Really hurt.

jamesoz

Was fun, my knees are less than impressed though. Congrats on the win Scott!

lustyd
    Free Member

I’m still confused over the draw of this event. Pay a bunch of money to ride the fire roads and a smaller section of trails than usual while it’s busier than ever. What’s the attraction, was there a particularly nice participation medal?

jamesoz

lustyd – Member
    I’m still confused over the draw of this event. Pay a bunch of money to ride the fire roads and a smaller section of trails than usual while it’s busier than ever. What’s the attraction, was there a particularly nice participation medal?

Its fun and I could get out of bed at 10am rather than stupid o’clock or sleep rough in a Transit.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Same as any race really.

I mean hell, i’m going to Italy to race the EWS next weekend, i’ve paid to ride my bike up public roads and ride trails I can ride any time & find with the Trail Forks app.

What a waste of time and money.

Tiger6791

Well I’ve riden there for 10 years and thought I knew it back to front including the old & off piste but Stage 5 was news to me

covertbaz
    Free Member

Had a great time, wasn’t about the placing (though I improved on last year) and the stages I thought were brilliant, certainly opened my eyes to new bits and again I ride there regularly

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I went and had a great time! I’ve ridden Swinley more times than I care to remember, but the route included enough new bits and variations to make it interesting, and the racing element gives it another dimension that’s for sure. I didn’t feel overly well prepared for it really but had my best ever placing and if I’d pushed a bit harder and knocked 1.3 seconds off each stage, I’d have been on the podium which I’d never have expected when I started racing again last year after a 25 year hiatus! Something to aim for next year that’s for sure, although my speed over the last three stages may well be down to the fact that my parking was running out (was given a ticket on the way in by someone so thought I’d use that for an hour or so whilst registering and faffing about and then buy a 4 hour ticket before the race started, but obviously forgot). I sprinted the transitions between 7-10 like I was in Le Tour!

crankbreaker

I enjoyed it, managed to avoid having to do stage 8-10 twice like a few poor guys did apparently. Happy with 4th in hardtail, Scott you stormed that one!

Got some new off piste sections to add to the regular loop too so pretty good day out I reckon!

Tiger6791

I marshalled, I was trying to work out if anybody looked ‘STW’

I’ll enter next year although Marshalling was fun

scottfitz
    Free Member

was there a particularly nice participation medal?

To be fair the prizes were better than you get in the Southern Enduro 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone got a .gpx?

kimbers

scottfitz – Member
    To be fair the prizes were better than you get in the Southern Enduro

you should be ashamed!

scottfitz
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Anyone got a .gpx?

https://www.strava.com/activities/1188503910

blakec
    Free Member

On the off chance did anyone find a fox 15mm axle friend of mine left on there

kimbers

Contact swinley bikehub blakec, they are pretty helpful

filks

Absolutely loved it! First event for a couple of years and it was ace. Unfortunately stacked it during stage 9 and having wrecked my helmet and starting to talk cobblers was required to stop!
    Massive thanks to any of the team who helped me out!
    I’ll be back next year to actually complete the course….

blakec
    Free Member

Kimbers

Thanks will do

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Swinduro '17’ is closed to new replies.