Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Swindon M4 Jn 15 – How bad is rush hour traffic going in to A4259 / Dorcan Way
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I have to take our cat to the veterinary hospital for surgery. We need to arrive at 9.00am, we will be coming from Bristol.

We are not sure how much time to allow from travelling from the motorway junction to the vets. We expect to go from the motorway via A4259 Marlborough Road then B4006 Dorcan Way. We dont want to get there lots too early as our pet will be left waiting around and getting stressed, but we cant risk being late.

Can anyone say how good or bad the traffic flow is likely to be in that area between 8.00ish and 9.00am ?

Thanks

Oh our pet is going in for tooth surgery that can’t be done locally, its not considered to be a risky op so he should be fine.

CountZero

From what I know of that area, and what I can see on the map in front of me, ignore the A4259 and B4006; turn onto the A419 at J15 and drive north about a mile and a half, past the A4259 junction, there’s a turning to the left which takes you directly into Dorcan and it connects with the B4006, which should make life a lot easier. Traffic at J15 can be pretty heavy, but once on the 419 it’s fairly steady flowing because it’s dual-carriageway.
    Hope this helps a bit.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Like the Count says stay on the A419 and take the Dorcan exit- its clearly signed. Getting from the M4 onto the A419 should be OK. There are lights on the roundabout and most of the congestion occurs on the Marlborough Road approaching the J15 roundabout

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Thanks lots both of you – thats a big help.

CountZero

You’re more than welcome, hope kitty is right as rain afterwards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Swindon M4 Jn 15 – How bad is rush hour traffic going in to A4259 / Dorcan Way’ is closed to new replies.