Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Swimmers: Recommend me some new trunks
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

I bought some bargainous ones from Decathlon, for £3, a few moths ago, but the lycra has gone, and they’re a bit ‘baggy’ now. Quite worn out, actually.

So, are more spensive ones worth it? Or are all lycra ones doomed to chlorine damage after a while?

Proper trunks, not baggy shorts, thy drag too much. And no super-skimpy Speedos either. If people want a treat like that, then they should pay for it, quite frankly.

headfirst
    Free Member
    headfirst
    Free Member

(ps. i have a slightly soiled one you can have)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Shitting Jesus, could you not have warned me that was NSFW?

I mean, I may work on my own, at home, but still.. 😯

Any sensible suggestions?

-m-
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you pays yer money………………

My decathlon ones seem to be holding up quite well, think I paid more than £3 though.

Day to day unless i’m after a fast time I’ve got some Calvin Klein
    (very short and very figure hugging) shorts from TKMaxx which look the muts nuts.

Have you tried propper drag shorts? Now theres a propper workout, had me crawling in the slow lane! And less chance of injury than using paddles.

deft
    Free Member

Some jammers from figleaves? They’ve got some for a tenner atm down from £35 and there’s a free delivery code floating about somewhere

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Cheers, m, but they’re a bit long. I prefer the shorter ones.

Blimey, now I know where Alan Partridge does his shopping!

😯

ebygomm
    Free Member

How often do you swim?

If you swim a lot and in a very chlorinated pool then even the endurance ones don’t last that long.

The thing that increased their life the longest for me was moving to a pool that is UV filtered rather than chlorinated – but probably not practical for everybody 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

ebygomm; I swim 3 times a week. Well, Ive not been swimming a lot lately, due to injuries etc, so my current trunks jolly well have not lasted too well, tbh. I think it’s because they’re a ‘recreational’ trunk rather than a ‘training’ model. Some of Decathlon’s trunks have a higher chlorine-resistant rating, so I may try some of those.

The adidas ones are nice, but the regular use ones are a bit spensive!

How long do even the good ones last? I used to swim in baggy shorts, and they’re a lot tougher, so would last a lot longer.

-m-
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever had a pair of decent (Endurance or equivalent) trunks last less than 1-2 years, even swimming 2-3 times a week.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Mine used to last only a few months (these were either Speedo Endurance or Maru Pacer). They last a bit longer now.

Do you wash them as well? I rarely wash my stuff with detergent, just rinse it in the machine, washing them with powder will shorten the life

bluebird
    Free Member

Speedo endurance fabric lasts well.

samuri
    Free Member

I had those adidas ones. They did go baggy after 6 months or so, probably did a mile twice a week.

Girls like them. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you wash your trunks?

i’ve never had problems just chucking them on the radiator after a shower.

Toombsy
    Free Member

i used to like Diana and Arena

Sandwich

-m-
    Free Member

you wash your trunks?

i’ve never had problems just chucking them on the radiator after a shower.

I’m with the spoon on this one.

-m-
    Free Member

I had some TYR trunks at some point. They were (a) very thin to begin with and (b) seemed to visibly degrade when exposed normal daylight… 😉 – well worth avoiding in my opinion.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Is glad to know that RudeBoy doesn’t use the same gym as me…!*
    😉

Swimwear of choice in my gym at the moment, for chaps, is divided two ways – Men who wear their boardshorts and metrosexual mincers in their speedos. I am in the former, I hasten to add. Luckily, for the ladies, the swimwear of choice is skimpy bikinis….Which is nice.

llama

I had some of those Adidas ones. After 6 months swimming 1/2 times a week they are more loose/stretched but still usable. I recently got some Keifer, so we’ll see how they go.

My youngest swims 10 hours a week and she goes through a suit every 2/3 months.

RudeBoy she’s got a pair of those too

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Off to Decathlon in a minute.

CFH; baggy shorts are rubbish to swim propply in. They drag loads, aren’t as comfy and really slow you down. Proper swimmers wear lycra. You’re probbly one of those slow bastards who swim in the Fast lane, because they are arrogant and think they are too fast for the Medium or Slow lanes, and get in my way all the bloody time.

I can get away with wearing slinky trunks, as I am well buff.

the_lecht_rocks

fwiw speedo and aquasphere are the best.
    try wiggle.

the_lecht_rocks

rudeboy.

regarding repeat 100’s.
    what’s your 100 time and what do you repeat on ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Eh? What do I repeat on?

A dodgy burger, occasionally, but I try to avoid them.

Are you referring to some form of training thing? I’m not into all that. I just like to have a good swim. Usually a mile or more. Tonight, i done a mile, then had a little rest, then a quick 10 lengths, and a few nice and easy ones to wind down.

Then a nice sauna and jacuzzi.

BTW, I ended up getting a simple pair from Decathlon. £12.95, with a maximum chlorine resistance. Seem a bit more robust than my old ones. Bit better made.

The equivalent adidas ones were £26. You’re just paying for a name. I don’t see the point, if they’ll only last a few months. I’m there to swim, not be a fashion plate.

Got chatted up in the showers, by a MILF! Her daughter was a right whining little cow angel though. Put me right off.

Nico
    Free Member

Presumably you’re swimming for exercise and not to get to the end of the pool quickly? So buy some cheap baggy shorts if you jolly well have not got some already.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve had baggy shorts; I don’t like them as much as proper trunks. Lycra trunks are a lot more comfy to swim in.

And get me noticed by MILFs….

alwyn
    Free Member

Speedo,

Can’t beat them for longevity and classy looks. All ladies love them.

samuri
    Free Member

alwyn, yesterday

emac65
    Free Member

Make sure the “S” is well attached on your speedo’s or you may get arrested 8)

AdamT

I’m a 3x a week swimmer and my speedo endurance have been good. I rinse them in the shower and dry. They seem to last OK for me and mine have only gone baggy due to me losing weight :-).

In a thread hijack, I’ve got a rotator cuff injury, anybody got any experience of this. See this thread it hurts

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Swimmers: Recommend me some new trunks’ is closed to new replies.