• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sweet heart I've built you a bike…
  • Johnski
    Free Member

Well kind of…….Pondering another build, was thinking I could use a 120+ish travel HT for chucking down technical stuff and drops on my local trails. Trouble is to justify the bike it needs to be ridden by the missus as well, problem is she’s 5’3” and I’m 5’11”. In reality she will only ride road and bridleway.

Would a small 16” frame with a long seat post and large headset spacer in do for me. On the occasion she wants a ride (of the wheeled type) I could stick a short seat post in with a girly couloured saddle and some pink tasles on the grips. Would it work, any comments or suggestions for frames with low standover that might do the job?

Could have it done in time for mothers day as a pressie from the kids!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is she gonna want to go for rides on your jump bike?

Don't be so tight and get her something that she'll enjoy riding.

chakaping
    Free Member

Your wife probably needs a 13 or 14in frame, I'd say. Unless you get something with a severely sloping top tube.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you, sir are a genius!

original DMR trailstar is slack a tarts fanny with 130mm forks, and all the better for it. Just don't expect it to climb or do any long distances. My mum loved mine (I mean hers obviously………..)

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

as per the above – i'd say a 14" would be fine. Build it for her and enjoy what you have

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Not that she knows, but I've often taken my girlfriends 14 inch hardtail (456) down the local woods and razzed it around. Its great fun.

I'm 6'1" btw.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have built a bike for my wife out of my old jump frame. She hasn't ridden it yet but if she likes it I will get her a better lighter frame and some lighter wheels.

br
    Free Member

Just buy a small frame, and then build it with all the bits you'd like on your next bike 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sweet heart I've built you a bike…’ is closed to new replies.