Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • swapping xt triple for double ?
  • mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

hi thinking of swapping my xt triple chainset for a double chainset . will my front mech and front triple changer do the same job or will I have to change them . answers please

mactheknife

Take the big ring off and fit a bash. I did this and fitted a 36t so it was 22T and 36t up front.

Works a treat. 🙂

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’ve done it and it’s worked fine.

If you have newer model XT shifters then you can make a switch adjustment to make it two clicks instead of three.

I think there are some restrictions regarding how many teeth you can have on your chainrings. I went from a standard triple to a 40-28 in front and 11-36 at the rear with a medium cage XT mech with no problems.

philipft
    Free Member

As above, nice and easy, all works fine

micos145
    Free Member

Did the same with my SB66c.

Swapped out big ring for Hope Bash Bling and added chain device, I never even thought about the triple changer, running X9 shifters, I think I just dialled down the limit screw, I have honestly never missed the third ring.

However on my Marin MV I use the big ring all the time and kept it triple for the range, so above advice on changing to a 36T makes total sense if you ride your bike fast or like to push it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘swapping xt triple for double ?’ is closed to new replies.