Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swapping Spesh pitch parts straight to a BFe
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Right, i’ve never done a frame build before and i’ve bought a BFe and im planning on swapping my pro 2010 bits over. Im ASSUMING that it’ll all just move over fine, because im naive but has anyone else done the same?

the frame has a 1 1/8th hope headset so that sorts my forks (assuming the steerer length is fine)

Bottom bracket im budgeting for a new one as i havent got the foggiest!

Rear end, im pretty sure the pitch is a 142 rear, does anyone know if that will go straight on?

Brake set up, im assuming will use the same mounting for the elixirs, possibly have to buy an adaptor though?

Seatpost is coming with the BFe so that sorted

Anything else i havent thought of?

Many thanks
    🙂

khani
    Free Member

My pitch had a standard external bottom bracket and a 135 back wheel, the only Funny bit was the front mech which was an etype with the plate removed, the pitch also had an IS rear mount if the bfe is a post mount then you’d need an adapter
    So the only things youd need would be a front mech, and seatpost which you’ve got! And possibly a rear adapter
    Edit…just had a looksee at a bfe and it has an IS rear brake mount…

crocodilian
    Free Member

Don’t forget to stick some pictures up after the swap-over!

v666ern
    Free Member

cheers both, its been bought off of here so there would have been pics before…but ok!
    frames turning up friday, gritstone grey 😀

sonofapitch
    Free Member

I did that then swapped them back after 3 rides. 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

SOAP – yeah a couple of people have mentioned that, but im gonna try, if i dont like it then i havent really lost anything, maybe just some skin off my knuckles!

and i’ll have gained some spanner skills rather than paying the shop for it! (disclaimer – i will get them to check it after though!)

v666ern
    Free Member

lunch bump, anyone else?

v666ern
    Free Member

afterwork bump

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swapping Spesh pitch parts straight to a BFe’ is closed to new replies.