Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Swapping a layback for an inline post…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

The saddle on my new bike is pushed forward quite a bit, and is only about 10mm from the max. The post has about 20mm of layback. As a result I was thinking of getting a inline post, for aesthetic and allow more adjustment reasons.

On the road it’s ok, it’s a CX bike, but would be nice to make it a bit more compact when gnar-coring it off road.*

For the record, the frame is a small, and at 5’7″ I am short, but not hobbit sized, so assume the frame is the right size, and just trying to get the position right mainly for when off-road. Does this sound like a good idea, or should one make stem changes first?

*To the max.

Jamie
    Free Member

Balls. Can mods move this to the Bike Forum.

Friggin’ Noobz.

Rickos
    Free Member

I’d change seatposts before stems. Not sure why people buy layback seatposts anyway to be honest.

rickmeister

Have you done the string over the knee to the pedal measurement to see where your seat is in relation to your foot position thing… (schnaps alert)….

Looking at that seat post I would blag an in line spare off a mate and try it…

Jamie
    Free Member

Not sure why people buy layback seatposts anyway to be honest.

Came with the bike, so no real choice.

Looking at that seat post I would blag an in line spare off a mate and try it…

Usually I would do that, but no-one seems to have one to try, So will have to pick up a cheap one to test it.

mangatank
    Free Member

You definitely need an in-line. It’ll make a big difference to your ride.

Wiggle, Chain or On One will have one cheap.

Jamie
    Free Member

Any other decent cheapo alternatives than the EA70 for £27.50 on Wiggle?

tonyd

Seems most road bikes come with layback posts, very annoying. I swapped mine from setback to inline and the choice was somewhat limited.

As rickmeister – set your saddle up first so knee is over ball of foot. If that means inline (prob will) then get or borrow one. Then find the best reach and change stem as appropriate.

househusband

FFS Jamie – what the hell are you doing posting an image that isn’t either animated or amusing..?

I feel let down.

jamj1974

Rickos – Member
    Not sure why people buy layback seatposts anyway to be honest.

Try thinking a bit harder! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Try thinking a bit harder!

Well, aren’t you the little tease.

I feel let down.

Sorry 🙁

Andy

What would Naomi do you have to ask?

That’s a lot of laibach. CRC Brand X inlines are normally silly cheap. What diameter is it?

Jamie
    Free Member

31.6mm….I am 97% sure.

Which is about the same percentage I understand your opening sentence.

Andy

Which is about 67% more than me on a Friday night. Brand x are pretty good for the money

Jamie
    Free Member

£11.99 😯

…can’t help think there is going to be some drawbacks at that price.

Andy

Not superlight (300 gms +/- 37%) but ok for that price

Jamie
    Free Member

Taken a punt on that one, and the EA70s on Wiggle. Free returns, so nowt to lose really.

….although the Brand-X is only available in 400mm, so may have to be cut down if used.

jamj1974

From what you say OP inline makes complete sense for you.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Swapping a layback for an inline post…’ is closed to new replies.