Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • swapping 2-step for coil. how easy?
  • alpin
    Free Member

is it just a case of removing the 2-step and dropping a coil u-turn unit into the empty space?

i've managed to overcome my fear of taking forks apart after dismanteling my Revs (they still don't work; need to buy new o-rings and replace).

i'm strapped for time and think this may be my easiest option rather than sending them back to the UK from Germany or even sending them direct to Sram's German HQ.

undapressure
    Free Member

Yes, it is as easy as that. I bought the conversion kit from TF Tuned and they told me how to do it. The coil is a massive improvement over the 2 step air system for virtually no weight gain.

alpin
    Free Member

cool…. thanks fella.

will order the bits tomoorow.

another Q in relation to Lyriks:

has anyone else experienced problems with the lock-out not, err…., locking out?

alpin
    Free Member

is the 2-step/U-turn swap out procedure as easy as TFtuned make out on their website?

http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/rockshox_spring_fitting.aspx

do i simply need to order a spring/u-turn unti and drop it in?

cheers

nodrog2
    Free Member

For the 2 step air to coil conversion you'll need the coil u-turn assembly obviously but you'll also need the Lyrik U-Turn Top-Out Spring Assembly. This goes at the bottom of the stantion inside the stantion. You'll have to remove the circlip and plastic spacer in there on the air set up and pop the top out spring assembly in and replace the circlip. To do this you'll have to remove the lowers and replace any oil you drain. A simple enough job. There is also a plastic sleeve that is supposed to go inside the stantion to stop the spring damaging the insides, but to be honest this isn't really needed unless of course you plan to convert back to air at somepoint.

stevomcd
    Free Member

has anyone else experienced problems with the lock-out not, err…., locking out?

Yes, my forks have a slow but steady oil leak (according to TFTuned, Lyriks of my particular vintage were supplied with o-rings which were a bit under-sized). When the lock-out stops working, I know it's time to top-up the oil!

Just done a full service on mine (new o-rings, seals, etc.) so hopefully that should cure it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘swapping 2-step for coil. how easy?’ is closed to new replies.