Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Swapped package – A Parcelfarce/Parcelmonkey warning
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Last week I sold a frame and forks on eBay to different buyers.

Paid Parcelmonkey for a collection service from Parcelforce for both of them. I labeled both parcels with the buyers address myself and printed the Parcelmonkey labels as well. Went to great pains to ensure the right label was on the right box.

Parcelforce collected them as planned and I went to spend my filthy lucre. Yesterday the frame buyer emailed to thank me for the extra forks that had arrived before his frame. I went to the pub to console myself knowing that fork buyer was soon to receive a frame. Forks buyer has been really good about it. I am worried I may not hear from frame buyer sometime soon who will be even happier with his upgrade.

bails

So PF took the address labels off both packages, swapped them and restuck them?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It seems unlikely they would go to this trouble just to mess with you.

DavidB
    Free Member

No. Parcelforce print their own label and affix it to the package. This is the failing of the Parcelmonkey system which does not give you a barcode.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I labeled both parcels with the buyers address myself and printed the Parcelmonkey labels as well. Went to great pains to ensure the right label was on the right box.

I am confused now

properbikeco
    Free Member

moral seems to be just send one parcel at a time then…

cranberry
    Free Member

So, to get this clear – you were the only one who did anything at all regarding the labelling of the boxes ?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I bought some Lyrics from ebay once.

I received an Orange Alpine frame in the post, instead.

He sent me an adress label and postage, and I popped it in the post. I got my forks a few days later

No biggie.

CountZero

I had a parcelfarce delivery a couple of weeks ago, when I was actually in the house. I heard something put through the door, picked it up and saw it was a notice to say that the parcel had been put behind neighbours side gate. I went straight out to the van, which was still out front, and asked the driver why he hadn’t rung the bell, as I was in, and the lying git said he did, and got no answer! He’d actually shoved the parcel through a hole in the bottom of my side gate, not the neighbours, fortunately the gate is in need of replacing and has a convenient hole he could put it through, he’d have probably tossed it over the top otherwise!
    🙄

onlysteel
    Free Member

Last Saturday morning I drove 1/2 way across Oxfordshire to a sorting office to pick up a couple of packages as per the card left during the week. Only to find it they were at a completely different office in the opposite direction.

breadcrumb

I bought a copy of The Wire on eBay.

What I received was a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Since you insure them, put in a claim with the PO 🙂

preciousmetals
    Free Member

First and foremost – why on earth were you using parcelmonkey!?

They used to be good and sensibly priced when they first started off but are a complete joke nowadays.

DavidB
    Free Member

I have learnt that lesson 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Swapped package – A Parcelfarce/Parcelmonkey warning’ is closed to new replies.