Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Suzuki bandit 650 problem
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Basically during my commute I’m getting a problem when accelerating it’s reluctant to go, and is very Jerry during acceleration especially when overtaking on the motorway. It’s like someone holding the back brake on and releasing slightly.

Does it more when I’ve just filled up, bike also seems to be quite lurchy when changing down a gear etc.

2008 fuel injected model with 25,000 miles. Doesn’t do it all the time maybe one ride out of eight.

fasthaggis

If you haven’t changed anything recently,I would check the air filters, vacuum/breather hoses,and any where else moisture could hide.
    Have a look round the wiring harness and earth points on the frame as well.
    Then WD40 it to death :-).

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Front cylinders are vulnerable in the wet on those bikes, check for damp in the plug lead etc.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Bike seems fine this morning. Reved fine in all gears and took off up to a offensive triple digit speed no problems.

Pigface
    Free Member

Crap in the tank? Sounds like fuel starvation

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

To be fair it did it after I’d just filled up, it took 18 litres in a 19 litre tank. Fine this morning super smooth.

CheesybeanZ

Crap in the tank

How often ? 😉

ulysse
    Free Member

Try not using supermarket juice. Try Texaco or Tom Ashton for superunleaded cured mine. If I left supermarket unleaded in mine for more than 4 week without a top up, the fuel went bad

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Used the same petrol station twice. A busy Shell garage.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 excellent

geoffj

Try not using supermarket juice. Try Texaco or Tom Ashton for superunleaded cured mine. If I left supermarket unleaded in mine for more than 4 week without a top up, the fuel went bad

I really don’t get this. It’s all about volumes and supermarkets with their cheap fuel sell as much if not more than the more expensive branded stuff around here.

brant
    Free Member

I really don’t get this. It’s all about volumes and supermarkets with their cheap fuel sell as much if not more than the more expensive branded stuff around here.

Oxley had an problem with his Triumph Speed Triple thing that was diagnosed by tuning man and fixed by using Super Unleaded rather than cheaper fuel.

ulysse
    Free Member

I think that would rule out bad juice then..
    Looks like the tanks coming off and a good look for perished hoses or chafed wires is next on the list, do you have a temporary test fuel tank?

ulysse
    Free Member

Geoff, until I experienced it I wouldn’t believe it either.
    Same with diesel, i
    I got an all singing all dancing 16 valve rhr Hdi 6speed car for the mrs, and couldn’t work out why the turbo went west… Found the dpf blocked to hell so I’ve banned her from Tesco diesel.. Cars at 250000 or so now with no breakdowns since

ulysse
    Free Member

Also, the bloke around here who runs AS motorcycles runs a series 3 land rover with transit Di engine fitted, that also ran like a dog on supermarket fuel.
    If a nail like a Di won’t run on that crap, what chance does a modern high performance engine have?

Davesport

Breather hole in the fuel cap blocked/obstructed ? When you undo the cap is there an inrush of air IE a slight sucking noise 😀

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

If you think it’s a fuel starvation problem try running it with the fuel cap open,the fuel cap vent might be blocked.

that also ran like a dog on supermarket fuel.

Where I work,ironically as a supermarket trucker, the management have fallen out with two truck manufacturers as they had problems with injectors failing & both manufacturers said it was due to the crappy fuel we run the trucks on.

tthew

I run the lubricants supply contract at work, so I asked the ExxonMobil technical bloke about supermarket fuel. The supermarkets buy what he termed ‘vanilla’ grades, which means no additive packages to keep injectors clean, mitigate any moisture etc but keeps the price down.

anagallis_arvensis

Breather hole in the fuel cap blocked/obstructed ?

This would be my first thought

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Suzuki bandit 650 problem’ is closed to new replies.