Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SUV Tents
  • beano68
    Free Member

Looking for a tent I can attach to my Volvo XC60 for events next year … anyone ever used them and its there any you can recommend

Thanks

matt_outandabout

Sylvan GO / Thule Sport Utility

beano68
    Free Member

Nice idea but its more than my car 😕

pacerc200
    Free Member
    rene59
    Free Member

What would be the advantage of attaching a tent to your Volvo? Roof and awning type tents are more expensive than normal tents and more of a faff to setup. Decent vehicle camping setups like Oztent/Foxwing are overkill for UK use and are megabucks.

If you want cheap just get a decent tarp and attach it to roof-rack/guttering with bungees and put table and chairs under it during day and a popup tent under it at night for sleeping in. You can also get popup utility/toilet tents which give standing room for changing/showering in.

beano68
    Free Member

when Im at races for a few days and the car is not used and with the crap weather we get and when the wife comes it stops her whinging and makes life easier …

Ive got tarps and I aint going to bungy that to the car so hence why i’m asking bout tents like a tail gate tent

cookeaa

Got roof rails? A nice big tarp, a couple of poles, some paracord and a couple of pegs and you’ve got yourself an awning…

jools182
    Free Member

SUV? We’re not in Texas 🙂

This place looks to have a few options http://www.driveaway-awnings.co.uk/awnings-for-rear-doors-on-4wds-mpvs/

northshoreniall

Slippery slope – first a Volvo, next it’ll be a caravan, then dahling have you seen my pipe and slippers 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

we have an OZ tent, not cheap at all, but goes up in about a minute and fits over a discovery4. isn’t attached to teh car so can be left for day trips or nipping off site.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SUV Tents’ is closed to new replies.