Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Suunto ambit
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

Right guys / gals

Anyone owned or used this gps watch? Any good ? Accurate ? What’s the software like?

Cheers in advance

itsmygame
    Free Member

Cheeky bump for the early birds x

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I like this guys reviews:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/04/suunto-ambit-in-depth-review.html

As an ultra/mountain marathon runner, I like the extended battery life and other features. The Garmin flaw IMO. Nice looking watch as well. But still, versus an simple Polar watch and the ability to read a map and compass, is it worth the money???

I am sure it will do well as an item of male jewellery though!

surfer
    Free Member

I fancy one of these for running (I use a Garmin Forerunner at the moment) I like the look of it but its a lot of cash.

I had a Suunto Vector but when running in the hills I still used a map and compass so cant help but think it wouldnt benefit me much.

I appreciate the guys review but he has far too much time on his hands!

philfive
    Free Member

want

T666DOM

I got one for my birthday early this month. My first jaunt into GPS watches and I love it. Cant comment on its GPS accuracy compared to a dedicated GPS unit as I’ve only ever used my iphone with Srava or MotionX.

It definitely holds the GPS signal better than the phone, tracks seem accurate once I’ve downloaded them to Movescount. The Ambit always picks up the HR belt easily and will pick up the GPS signal outside with no probs, takes on average, no mre than 20 secs I’d say.

Watch itself is easy to navigate and you can customise loads of the screen in Movescount and on the watch if you want.

ONly couple of niggles you need to watch out for is calibrating the Alto-Bari mode, changes in air pressure can give false altitude readings but it only takes 30 secs to adjust it before you set off on the ride or run. Also when recording tracks there’s no auto stop so if you stop for a while your averege speed etc will fall, you have to pause and start manually.

This may get sorted out as occasionally there are software updates from Suunto for the Ambit.

That aside I love mine, use it everyday on my commute to record all the miles and calories I’m munching and I like the chunky feel of it. Go on take the plunge!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Suunto ambit’ is closed to new replies.