Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Suspiciously Cheap Buildings Insurance on a Let Property.
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

10 years ago I let out a property. Barclays changed my Buildings Cover to be “Residence Use: Let Property”.

Later on in the schedule it says “No lodgers or Paying guests”.

Every year I phone up and clearly state the property is let and every year they tell me they have a note of that and all is well.

This year I got a price comparison site quote and all the quotes are about £450 against the £150 Barclays charge me for seemingly bog standard buildings cover.

Barclays are happy to tell me in writing they know the house is let but it still feels like the first thing they’ll do if I claim is point at the “No lodgers or paying guests” wording.

hammyuk
    Free Member

If they’ve confirmed they know and are happy then it forms a historical contract term.
    They’d have to comply

curto80
    Free Member

A tenant is not a lodger or a paying guest though so what’s the problem?

nickdavies

As above your tenant is not a lodger or paying guest – it’s just saying you or the tenant can’t fill the house with more people paying to live there not on the tenancy. Assuming you’ve got a tenancy agreement with your tenant it’ll likely be in there too – you’ll forbid lodgers or paying guests.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Suspiciously Cheap Buildings Insurance on a Let Property.’ is closed to new replies.