Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Suspension seatposts
  • Houns

Are they worth it? I have a dodgy back and would like to do some off road touring/bikepacking (so weight not an issue)

What do you use and would you recommend it?

Thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

Not used one for years but the use ones look the danglies. They do take the sting out just dont expect it to be like a full sus and its just the ticket.

Houns

Yeah just want it to take the sting out of the worst bumps, hoping it’ll help me stay on the saddle longer

gonzy
    Free Member

how about one of these instead…

Houns

Wonder how that would work with seat packs like my koala?

zippykona

I love mine. I’ve got a USE Sumo and a Bracer.
    Can’t even ride on the road without one now.

fasthaggis

I have had a couple of Use sumo posts.
    They worked well but the rail clamps could be a bit iffy.
    If I was getting another suss post,I would go for a Thudbuster .
    Great for getting rid of trail buzz and generally taking the edge of things on longer days.

yomstar
    Free Member

I used the Cane Creek Thudbuster LT Suspension Seatpost for a few long MTB tours last year. It made the journeys so much more comfortable.

BikePawl
    Free Member

+1 on the thudbuster, easy to maintain and adjust the dampening.

Houns

Thudbuster worth the extra expense over the USE?

BikePawl
    Free Member

Yep

Houns

Hmmm, food for thought!

I have a USE XCR on my Kona and it’s been faultless for years. Really does take the sting out and doesn’t look as ridiculous as the Thudbuster. Sumo clamp needs to be done up tight though

zippykona

I was really worried about my Sumo clamp after hearing all the stories on here.
    Its been good as gold,easy to set up and no slippage.
    Torqued to specced numbers.

gardron
    Free Member

If you want something to take the sting out, I use a specialized Cobl gobl-r on my road bike and a pave SL on my commuter which I’ve found to both be fantastic at just taking the edge off bad road surfaces.

burt
    Free Member

Houns where are you based. I have a USE one you can try. If you like it we can sort something out.

Houns

West Mids. Won’t be for another few weeks yet

burt
    Free Member

pm me your address, i’ll send it to you if you cover the postage. its 27.2mm i have a 31.6 USE shim with it too.

postierich
    Free Member

Had a USE suspension post had to service it all lot and replacing guides!
    Think you need a proper bike fit!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

NOOO!

I had one one on my commuter – it came with it. It broke so I replaced it with a cheap alloy rigid post. I was amazed at how much more comfortable it was with a rigid post. I think that the saddle squirms about you rather than the suspension doing anything useful.
    If you’re getting lower back pain riding try adjusting your brake levers

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I bought a Thudbust LT as an alternative to a full sus. I loved the hardtail but found it tiring for longer, rougher rides and I thought this might do the trick. It didn’t work out and I got a full sus like a big girl! It was an impressive bit of kit but the damping, or lack there of ruined it for me. It was super bouncy and when sitting and pedaling offroad it felt like sitting of a pogo stick to me. A Shame because other than that the amount of travel and it’s travel design/direction was brilliant. Lots of people love them so try to buy a second hand one to try, that way you can always flog it on if you don’t get on with it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Suspension seatposts’ is closed to new replies.