Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suspension Seatpost on a rigid?
  • Earl
    Free Member

Riding a ss with a rigid fork at the mo. Very much enjoying it.

After about 1.5 hours my legs give out and the bumpy stuff gets real slow. Would a sus post work in this situation? or does the rigid fork mean that even with a sus post I will be spending most of my time off the saddle anyway?

fotorat
    Free Member

naw- it just means you are weak in the legs – ride more – try running. I find a 10K run knackers me up like 6 hours in the saddle.

Try and build up your adductors and hamstrings – they are the usual culprits letting us down.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Typically, legs will be your suspension, you will find yourself shifting weight, on/off seat etc loads, so not sure the seatpost will help much. Plus you will find your inseam length will keep changing I’m not a fan of that idea.

chrisrhayes

I’m 40 and love suspension posts (I’ve had USE, moxey & cane creek) due to my love of hardtails and a bad back.

They’re not damped, but the cane creek (was moxey) lets me sit and pedal much more than before. Hence ride further.

Still need to get out the saddle when downhilling. You probably need to try one though.

epicyclo

I’ve been using a Thudbuster for a long time on one bike, and a normal seatpost on another.

I’m now inclined to remove the Thudbuster (good as it is) because you have to set it a bit high to allow for sag when sitting. The alternative is setting at the normal height and then your normal seating position is too low.

With a rigid seatpost you are less likely to get “surprised” because you already have your weight on your legs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suspension Seatpost on a rigid?’ is closed to new replies.