Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Suspension knocking noise
  • timscarth
    Free Member

I’ve got some 2007 (I think) Rockshox Recon 327 Solo Air forks, configured to 100mm travel with no modofications.

While I was out riding yesterday, I noticed that the 1st 5-10mm of travel seem to have little or no resistance and I can feel/hear a slight knocking noise at the very top of the travel, when the forks are fully extended. I’m running about 130psi air pressure. The forks feel fine, and I did quite a hard trail ride and they seem to work fine, it’s just a bit worrying.

I did try to play around with the damping setting but if I tighten up the damping to make it as slow as possible, the forks don’t extend once they’re fully compressed. This only happened once but I’ve slackened off the damping a bit and they seem ok now, just with the knocking.

Any ideas?

rickon
    Free Member

LoCo! Assemble!

bm0p700f
    Free Member

I have a similar problem with my Marzocchi’s in that I get a knocking noise when the forks extend after a bump. Given I have never serviced them and I have abused them for years I am not looking forward to pulling them apart as I fear it going to be a bit than an oil change. Thats a point is there any oil left. I know what I am doing tomorrow.

rickon
    Free Member

I’d give Simon at LoCo Tuning a bell, he’ll be able to sort you out – it’ll be worth popping them to him for a service anyway as he’ll get them running really smooth, much better than when they came out of the box 🙂

http://locotuning.co.uk/contact.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Suspension knocking noise’ is closed to new replies.