• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Suspected wrist fracture – Should I go to A&E
  • flamejob
    Free Member

Should I go to A&E? Its such a faff; and I have a load of scribbling for work to do at home.

I mean… all they’ll do is x-ray it and say ‘yeah you’ve got a fractured wrist, stay off it for x weeks.

BTW it hurts like a mofo when I do this…

…owwww!

[edit; dammit- missed a question mark off the title
    I think this belongs in the bike forum as it was achived whilst attempting to cross two parts of a trail via more than 10ft of gap]

solamanda
    Free Member

Go to A&E now before they get busy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you really have a point that is that sore then yes

bonesetter
    Free Member

There is a tenuous blood supply which winds around the the wrist, if this is injured you may could end up with necrotic bone (=dead bone) 😯

flamejob
    Free Member

Oww.. damn my chicken bone wrists.

*Packs a book and goes off to the hospital.

Thanks for ruining my productive day guys… sheesh! 😉

munkster
    Free Member

If it hurts anything like* it did when I broke my wrist you’ll know whether you need to go to A&E 😀

ps – GO!!

*”like a motherf***er” for the record

richcc
    Free Member

The answer to “My arm/leg/wrist/todger/head* hurts should I go to A & E” is nearly always yes – take a book & iPod and go. Limited downside if it’s the wrong decision – massive upside, up to and including avoiding death (RIP N. Richardson) if it’s the right one.

(* delete as appropriate)

boxelder

I suspected from your post that you were young ‘un (GCSE sort of age). Seems you may be an architect, which requires years of study.
    If you don’t get it checked, you risk a lot more time off work and numerous potential nasties in the future.
    Can you not “scribble” in a waiting room? Presumably you “acheived” the damage yesterday, so the continued/increased pain is not a good sign.

Ed2001
    Free Member

No! someone on here will be happy to diagnose you and sort you out.( They are good like that on here , all ex GP’s just taking a rest from the medical life stacking shelves at ASDA so they can hit the trails and chat on here more often ).

smudge
    Free Member

how did you get on flamejob?
    broke mine 8 weeks ago 🙁 felt like a real bad sprain but xray showed 2 breaks.
    6 weeks of plaster and now physio and i’m nearly ready to go biking again

twohats
    Free Member

GO!
    Ignoring a potential fractured wrist could lead to lots of problems and a long time off the bike!

flamejob
    Free Member

Off to Teddington drop in clinic I go!

lol@ boxelder I’m 34 and yes; design buildings for a living (donno where you sniffed that out from)

john_l
    Free Member

No, leave it it’ll be fine – bones heal themselves really easily, just be careful not to move it out of position for the next 6 weeks.

Kuco

I was reluctant to go to A&E after breaking my thumb saying they only x-ray it and tape it up, how wrong was I. Turned out I nearly tore all the ligament of my thumb. 1 night stay because It might be operated on but they didn’t in the end, but 6 weeks in a cast and 2 weeks in a brace then 4 trips to physio. Still gives me jip now 4 years on.

boxelder

He went, and don’t he look happy.

Your profile gives some clues!

flamejob
    Free Member

Yep; tiny crack in my yawossercalledit bone. Dammit! No casts or anything thank the Gods.

*looks up wrist things

hamate – little bone ; not the important bit though apparently

Anyone want to buy an Ae Avalanche entry for ‘many bargains much cheapness’?

druidh
    Free Member

flamejob – Member

Anyone want to buy an Ae Avalanche entry for ‘many bargains much cheapness’?

JojoA1 was expressing an interest…

dasnut
    Free Member

dude, that sucks! was hoping to catch up at Ae, however once again the gods have conspired, you are injured and my van blew up. Last year it was me that was injured, the joy.

Drac

They are good like that on here , all ex GP’s just taking a rest from the medical life stacking shelves at ASDA so they can hit the trails and chat on here more often

Some are still GPs.

2hottie
    Free Member

My first thought was go when I did my wrist and the second time in less than 3months for that matter! see pic for pain factor. It hurt like ****! get it looked at..

polarisandy
    Free Member

" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

my wrist is killing me…

Doc in A&E says it’s ok but still hurts like f***

How’s life on the frontline Drac?

flamejob
    Free Member

Jeypers those look way hurtier than my ‘yeeeeah.. *squints at X-ray* I think you’ve got a crack in there’.

Any Ae Avalanche entry takers have a look at this thread

Drac

How’s life on the frontline Drac?

Not bad just started to get busier again now holiday season has started so should be plenty of customers coming on for you.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Suspected wrist fracture – Should I go to A&E’ is closed to new replies.