Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Suspect Stolen bike – Edinburgh
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Soul Cycles at Brougham Place near Tollcross/Meadows have been offered a green/black Trek Superfly 29er by someone with less than detailed knowledge of bikes….police arent responding so get in touch if you’ve lost a Superfly with middleburn cranks..0131 228 5913

br
    Free Member

Just rang the chap who’s just had one stolen, he lives 5 mins from Soul Cycles…

Needless to say, he’s on his way there 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread needs live updates..! 🙂

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Faith in humanity restored.

nacho
    Free Member

nice on b r – hope your mate gets his bike back and catches the culprit at the same time.
    Can I also hope he is a frustrated ex SAS, 5th dan black belt kung fu expert with a lot of energy to expend if he does catch said scrote!
    (Or a police occifer)

scotroutes

Apparently, owner and bike have been re-united and the tea-leaf apprehended.

imnotverygood

woohoo!

Well done MussEd

scc999

Excellent!

Glad that someone has their bike back and the thief has been caught.

Si

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wwaswas

🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

Well blow me down! I merely posted a phone number on here, thought it might help spread the word. Well Done Soul Cycles for snaring the ne’erdowell! Hmm, wonder if the tea leaf has my Enduro/Band Wagon?

nacho
    Free Member

Wicked, nice to have some goods news ref bike theft

mrblobby
    Free Member

This thread makes me 😀

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Great news!

nixie

Nice work :D, hope the tea leaf gets done for it.

gamo
    Free Member

Gav from Soul Cycles here bike and owner have/will be reunited shortly:) it was actually The Edinburgh Cycle Co. who had it offered and recovered the bike we only had it on our Fb page, this does seem to work well as we’ve recovered a fair few bikes recently.

Vinte
    Free Member

Presumably this will be a case of don’t do it again, now run along you little scamp.

plyphon
    Free Member

Presumably this will be a case of don’t do it again, now run along you little scamp.

Don’t be silly this is Scotland.

He’ll get a pizza crunch whilst he’s waiting.

br
    Free Member

Just getting the Bombers out 🙂

martinhutch

Well done to the folks involved and for MussEd for spreading the word so efficiently.

frood
    Free Member

The thief tried to sell the bike to the Edinburgh Cycle Company, who caught him on CCTV and got all his details, the bike was then recovered by the Police this afternoon. They will be returning it to me about lunchtime tomorrow.

So a big thank you to Brad Howe at http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ and thank you to St Leonard’s Police station officers and thanks to everyone for sharing the details of the stolen bike and getting the message back to me!

Looking forward to being reunited tomorrow 🙂

I was heading down to the bikeshop for the bust, but was asked not to by the police.

Will keep you posted what happens with the twonk that nicked it!

househusband

Aye, well done Bradders – saw his post on Facebook earlier this afternoon!

imnotverygood

Err… Frood. You’ve linked to the Edinburgh Bike Co-op. I take it you mean
    http://www.edinburghcyclecompany.com/

househusband

Aye, that’s the right one imnotverygood!

scotroutes

Brad has previous in this 🙂

frood
    Free Member

Thanks imnotverygood… copy/paste error in my browser history! :S

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

its that time…

epicyclo

plyphon – Member
    “Presumably this will be a case of don’t do it again, now run along you little scamp.”
    Don’t be silly this is Scotland.

Maybe he’ll get sent to Libya?

grey

Great result.

Used to work in a gun/fishing shop and used to quite often get undesirables trying to flog stolen airrifles,it used to be quite exiting waiting with cid in the shop to nab them.

br
    Free Member

Used to work in a gun/fishing shop and used to quite often get undesirables trying to flog stolen airrifles,it used to be quite exiting waiting with cid in the shop to nab them.

El CID?

http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Heston,%20Charlton/Annex/Annex%20-%20Heston,%20Charlton%20(El%20Cid)_01.jpg

Northwind

grey – Member

it used to be quite exiting waiting with cid in the shop to nab them.

Did he poke them with a spear then fly off in his airship?

frood
    Free Member

The police have just returned the bike to me, very helpful bunch. The other party will be charged with theft, if I hear more I will let you know.
    Very glad to have the bike back, best birthday present I could have wished for. If anyone has a bike go missing in the area, I’ve been given the contact details for the plain clothes police recovery unit, so get in touch as they’re your best shot at getting it back!

Thanks again to Brad at Edinburgh Cycle Company, heading down there with beer and cakes shortly!

didgerman
    Free Member

No sign of mine yet. Nicked two days ago from Glasgow, teal inbred 29er with saint pedals.

dmorts

Great stuff! 😀

Where did the tea leaf nick your bike from in the first place?

Hopester
    Free Member

I’m the owner at Edinburgh Cycle Company and it was a great feeling to reunite a bike with its rightful owner after we had a couple nicked earlier this year.

THief wasnt the brightest to be fair as we managed to persuade him to leave the bike at the shop till “the boss came back” to take a look at it and get the cash.

SART were surprisingly on the ball and the geezer has 700+ charges against him apparently so hopefully a wee spell in Saughton will take him out the game for a wee while. Personally I’d rather have removed his thumbs using the tools available to us in the workshop.

Cheers for the cakes Frood they were possibly the tastiest diabetic coma inducing thing we’ve ever eaten!!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Great thread.

Bet you weren’t expecting to see the bike again Frood!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Well done to all, great work.

What a muppet

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Suspect Stolen bike – Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.