Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • suspect bikes on ebay??
  • jono1982
    Free Member

this guy selling pretty high end stuff, wants £1000 for each bike.

pretty sure the bikes either dont exist, or are stolen, but worth a look incase any belong to someone on here???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cycling-/7294/i.html?_catref=1&_ipg=&_ssn=torrancehop&_trksid=p3911.c0.m1538

RustyMac

Seen similar things on gumtree – they take other peoples pics and make up new auctions for them and insist on a sale out with ebay and paypal then do one with your money. Possibly from someones hacked ebay account. It is a scam and hopefully it is only the pictures that have been stolen.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

scam – check out the sellers fedback, he’s in the USA!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think that’s a very good seller’s account that’s been hacked. His feedback is consistant and very good, but no more bikes that I can see….

Whjoever has hacked it knows a bit about bikes though 🙁

ciderinsport
    Free Member

See the other items for sale – he likes quad bikes and tractor trailers too!

On the US listings, he has a phone number – anyone at work who could call???

Wally

His knowledge could be simply gleaned from a quick google.
    How to spell “Recive” takes education, however.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wally, good point.

RustyMac

Looks like he has been found out,some of the ads have been removed already.

The adds themselves could also be stolen from previous people selling the bikes. If you look in the backgrounds of the 2 remaining ads they are in totally different places (one against a blue shed with horazontal boards, one against a dark brown shed with vertical boards)and the format of the adds are different.

In general people stick to the same format when they sell there stuff – same text sizes, colours, fonts, layouts etc these are totally different sugesting they were done by diffrent people.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I emailed him 15 mins ago, just got a reply:

“Thankyou, I don’t have those items, I have been hacked and they are being removed by ebay now”

Panic over 😀

knottyknotty
    Free Member

how does this work ,doesnt paypal protect you from this sort of thing ,what i mean is doesnt paypal hold money for 30 days or so in case there is a dispute?

jono1982
    Free Member

another suspect here..

please check it out…

the seller clearly doent know what he has (if he has it at all)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gary-Fisher-Black-Mountain-Bike-/320876076569?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4ab5b45e19

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘suspect bikes on ebay??’ is closed to new replies.