Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Survey for an entrepreneur friend
  • SaxonRider

A friend of mine is starting a restaurant app business, and is undertaking a survey prior to its completion. Would you be so kind as to take a look and respond?

Thanks in advance to those of you who do.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RH8SCWK

jambalaya
    Free Member

Done, good luck

RobHilton
    Free Member

“Meh” is a childish turn of phrase for a grown-up audience.

Other than I quite liked it 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Its quite indicative of a tech based questionnaire about food that the question about what you want when you eat out didn’t include the quality of the food. Which is what I eat out for. Not the ease of use of an IT device.

SaxonRider

That’s a helpful comment, aP. I’ll pass that on.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes what aP said

plop_pants
    Free Member

Q9 needs a ‘Meh’ option. 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

So this an app that replaces a notepad. What happens if your network goes down?
    Restaurants are on slim margins as it is – I can’t see them going for this added cost (esp as I assume there will be an ongoing cost also). I’ve been served by someone with a tablet rather than a notepad – took ages.
    Nice idea but the reality is not so clear cut.

Edit: video shows a waiter/waitress using it but survey suggests it’s the diner who uses it. A couple of questions then:
    1) are they going to supply one tablet/diner? If not the process of choosing/ordering food will take forever.
    2) If you’re trying to reduce staff then who delivers the food and takes away the plates – not sure the app can do that.

km79
    Free Member

I don’t want to use some manky tablet to order my food, god knows who has had their hands on it before.

DavidB
    Free Member

This model already exists in a couple of London restaurants. Can’t remember the name but one near Tottenham Court Road serving Asian Fusion food with app projected on table

monde
    Free Member

Have tried and tested a few of these and they are a nightmare. Over complicated that actually slow down service and remove interaction between the customer and the venue.
    Upselling is essential and well trained staff can link sell spontaneously that apps cant.
    Apps like this are best targeted at large pre-order venues (think stadiums etc) where the app is downloadable and the customer gets a discount for doing so and you fill up on marketing data!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Survey for an entrepreneur friend’ is closed to new replies.