Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Surrey Hills – Stolen Orange 5
  • Bert
    Free Member

Hi all,

A mate had his Orange 5 stolen from his pick-up truck last night between 9-9.30 outside the pub at Holmbury Saint Mary. It is a 20" pearl white frame with no decals, Fox Float 140mm forks (silver), Fox RP23 shock, a red SRAM PG990 cassete, Mavic 819/Hope Pro 2 tubeless wheels. The bike also had a Hope Vision 4 light still attached.

If you see the bike being advertised or ridden please email me (in profile) or call Dean on 07785306918

Thanks.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that – I'll keep my eye out for it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Was this the Royal Oak.. Shitbags, makes the blood boil..

Bert
    Free Member

Yes it was joolsburger. He usually parks out the front of the pub and sits in the conservatory but couldn't last night so parked in the car park, and came back to find all the ties cut and the bike gone.

jedi

will keep an eye out in hertfordshire!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Worrying to think that thieves are active in such a sleepy little place.

Will keep an eye out for sure.

You just can't relax for a moment.

Absolute bastards.

spacemonkey

Sorry to hear that Bert, but the trouble with pubs like the Royal Oak is that they're reknowned for bikers, hence thieving scumbags are probably gonna stake these places out on occassion.

It really pi55es me off that they get away with this sh1t, even more so when we're the hard-working folk and they're the wort on society's ar5e. Feckers. Hope they get what's coming to them.

PS will keep an eye out.

grantway
    Free Member

Very sorry to hear I will keep a look out
    in Epping, Swinley and Surrey Hills

What year of frame is it?

nosherduke996
    Free Member

We find that unless you stay with the bike then it,s best to drive somewhere else for a beer thats nowhere near mtb coutry.

xcgb
    Free Member

Shit I live next village along, will pass the word around, probably miles away by now but you never know Scumbags

glenp
    Free Member

Bad news, sorry to hear it. There has been quite a bit of opportunist scumbag activity around the villages of late. Mainly sheds and garages broken into, but vehicles too. I usually reckon that if it is bang outside the front of the pub then its probably ok, but – as is evidenced here – around the back some place with car or van access is pushing your luck.

We'll keep our eyes and ears open, but I can virtually guarantee that the bike is already in a different area. When I had a bike nicked from Dorking the police told me that it would be in Brighton very soon.

glenp
    Free Member

xcgb – you in Abinger? Or next village other way?

soulrider
    Free Member

bastards.. hands chopped off and all that..

or is that too little englander?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Sad news… hope you have some luck, such a nice sleepy place to lose a bike 🙁

Dorking the police told me that it would be in Brighton very soon

Quick! Get JoB on the case!

xcgb
    Free Member

GlenP
    Gomshall actually always forget to count Abinger!

Xc

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can you detail how the bikes were secured so we can see the level of sophistication of the thieving toe rags. I regularly leave mine on the roof of my car but it is locked by the bike carrier rather than chained to it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Seems the only way to be sure these days is to not let the bike out of your sight at all.

Bike has to live in the house these days too can't trust the shed and we dont even leave them locked in the car.

It's ridiculous but there it is. Fully insured but how can you replace blood sweat and memories.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills – Stolen Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.