Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Surrey Hills Singletrack
  • tyredbiker
    Free Member

Where’s the best singletrack in the North Downs? Been over to Leith hill and done some of the Redlands trails but get the feeling that I’m missing some. I would go out with Nirvana cycles but feel maybe I should get my fitness up a bit first?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

try going out with the muddy moles

Nobby

Personally, I prefer the trails on Holmbury & Pitch.

The Nirvana rides used to split into two groups with the faster lads disappearing off into the distance – give ’em a call at the shop, they really are quite friendly & helpful.

timmys

I think Pedal and Spoke in Peaslake also do a Sunday shop ride.

geetee1972
    Free Member

There’s very little riding of interest on any of the Surrey Hills and North Downs to be honest. I would try the South Downs or maybe east angular.

FYI, are you sure you’re actually found ‘Redlands’ or have you ridden on ‘Redlands Trails’? The two are not the same thing.

The Nirvana rides are split I think, but you’ve sort of got a Hobson’s Choice really. You can either join the fit bunch and wheeze your way around the area or you can join the freeride bunch, in which case you can jump, drop and possible crash your way around 😆

Howard at Pedal & Spoke does do shop rides on Sunday morning but you should call him first to make sure he’s actually up and ready to go. He’s a great guy and will make sure that everyone is looked after but don’t let that make you think he’s not perfectly capable of launching the biggest stuff you can find or wiping the floor with the fittest XC boys around.

njee20
    Free Member

or wiping the floor with the fittest XC boys around.

I’ll have to go out with him 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Njee he might just give you a run for your money!

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

I would go out with Nirvana cycles but feel maybe I should get my fitness up a bit first?

As posters have said above, there’s 2 rides leaving Nirvana on a Sunday. First one leaves the shop at 10.30 (I think), it’s a fast XC ride for fit persons only. The second leaves at 11.00 and is a social pace. You don’t need to be very fit but the ride does include trails with jumps/drops etc. It’s a slightly freeride type of ride. Be warned though, the ride tends not to wait for slower/less experienced riders! Friendly bunch on the whole.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

just head out on holbury and pitch. that’s what i did years ago. didn’t mind about getting lost as i knew the surrounding roads. before no time i had quite a good idea of where all the best places were. it really doesn’t take long to find something that you didn’t know about before. also it’s a lot of fun not knowing where you are going. there are also quite a few good spots over towards cold harbour like summer lightening and that side of leith hill. (near deliverance)

tyredbiker
    Free Member

I’ve ridden Summer Lightning, and the Downhill and have probably done sections of other trails that the Redlands have built- not Redlands woods Gee- last I heard about them was that there were lots of felled trees covering original trails.

Well I’m reasonably fit after coming back from an early XC holiday in the Alps (No chairlifts!!) and have got much faster going downhill on my HT but wouldn’t want to slow anyone down as I hate it when it happens to me.

Pedal and Spokes sounds like the ticket and I’ll pop in and have a chat soon, in the meantime PeaslakeDave- sounds like the right idea, always a bit dubious of getting completely lost being 21yr old female but nothing gets the adrenaline pumping than being followed through the woods….

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

being 21yr old female but nothing gets the adrenaline pumping than being followed through the woods….

Simon at Nirvana would love you

tyredbiker
    Free Member

enough to wait for me/follow me through the woods?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Simon at Nirvana would love you

As will half of STW 🙄

follow me through the woods

That’s precisely where he’ll be 🙄

Howard is definitely your best bet.

You’ll like Howard.

Most girls do……. 🙄

winterfold
    Free Member

Yeah Howards cool and you could take him to your parents

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll have to do some window shopping then 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Here you go 🙂 Playing matchmaker is fun!

tyredbiker
    Free Member

now I’m not going to be able to look him in the face…

‘oh hi! I recognise you!’
    ‘have we met?’
    ‘No. I got sent a picture of you on STW so I could do pre-perving and decide if I wanted you to take me into the woods…’

This isn’t even remotely covert. I’m going to have to make my profile more anonymous.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Brilliant 😀

If it works out I want a finders fee OK?

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Gee you have turned into an embarrassing virtual uncle…

Should have never played the vagina card 😐

tyredbiker
    Free Member

would you like the first born?

J-R

There’s very little riding of interest on any of the Surrey Hills and North Downs to be honest.

Shirley, you jest.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Gee you have turned into an embarrassing virtual uncle…

Ouch 😳

nicko74

Should have never played vagina card

I think I’ve played that game. It’s a bit like the biscuit game, no?

tyredbiker
    Free Member

not really…considerably less soggy and involves a vagina rather than a bourbon…

( 😆 but still lovable gee!)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills Singletrack’ is closed to new replies.