Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Surrey Hills – Rad Lane
  • Carlos45
    Free Member

I'm pretty familiar with all the trails on Pitch & Winterfold (Xmas Pudding, T-trails, rollercoaster, CSS, bombholes etc) plus some of the new ones which have cropped up or so i thought i was until I saw a video of a trail called Rad Lane. Not too sure of how old the vid was and whether the trail exists.

I understand it starts close to where all the "shore" was on Pitch (back in 2003) but given that I wasn't in the area then I am lost.

Any pointers would be good. If it needs to stay secret a PM wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you post a link to the video so we can see where you mean someone will be able to tell you where it is.

Carlos45
    Free Member

try this for size – thanks

hora
    Free Member

I think I know where you mean. Does part of it cross over a large felled tree trunk? If its in that area its completely off-limits to us as riders. I wouldnt ride there as it may affect wider sentiment to the area and usage.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hora sounds like you're describing Redlands, the Mangrove Alley trail. If so it is very sensitive and best left alone, but I don't think this is that trail.

It's really hard to tell but initially I thought it was the alternative section off of T2.

It doesn't look at that great though.

Carlos45
    Free Member

In all old "diaryofamountainbikerider" ride description it mentions CSS, Sleepy Hollow, Rad Lane and then the Bombholes and then Xmas Pudding in that order.

Does this help.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Rad Lane – also known as Proper Bo by some.

hora
    Free Member

Your asking for access to 'cheeky'?

I don't mind cheeky on footpaths but round there alot of its privately owned and access by kind permission?

Different kettle of fish.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Thanks for the "Proper Bo" refresher. I recognise the video now. Haven't ridden that trial for a while.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Funny how you can't recognise a trail until some one tells you which one it is. Proper Bo, as seen in 'slow mo'! Didn't recognise it at that speed 😆

jedi

radlane began with north shore and was a line of drops that the holy trail joined into.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills – Rad Lane’ is closed to new replies.