Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Surrey Hills Night Riding Anyone?
  • sallen
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m a local to Surrey Hills (10min drive) and wondered if there is any apetite for getting the lights on and doing a 1-2hr weekday night ride.

I currently night ride around Newlands Corner but it’s all a bit tame and I want to ride the same trails I ride on the weekend around Peaslake.

There is a Wednesday night ride organised by Dorking Cocks, but the pace is too fast for me as I’ll be using my big heavy trail bike (Orange Patriot).

I have a 4-bike towbar rack so can organise pick-up / drop off for those without transport.

Otherwise I’ll have to get up reeeeeeeally early and ride in the daylight!

Let me know if you are interested,

Steve

burgatedicky

I could be interested in this, but am no longer ‘that’ local to SH.
    Now living down near Petersfield which makes it about an hour each way by car.
    Used to ride there bit (and still do), but never really felt like I knew where more than half the trails were!

What sort of riding were you looking for? A patriot is quite a lot of bike unless you’re one of those people who ride the drops on Pitch Hill without hesitation. I tend to look at those more in a mixed state of wonder and terror!

Hopefully some more people might join the bandwagon and we’ll see if we can get this off the ground.
    I can’t do Thursdays thought, as I cover the on-call then.

Dicky

Dango
    Free Member

Steve I ride with others all year round inc night rides at a more relaxed pace than XC, probably look to do 2 hours though, I have an enduro and hardtail, others have Alpine, Nomad and a Covert.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are best

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Steve we normally ride Wed or Thur nights we’re about a 10/15 min drive away…

Normally an 1 to 1 1/2 of riding.

drop me an email

sofabear
    Free Member

I could potentially be interested in this. I’ve never done night riding but am no stranger to the trails around Peaslake (well, the well known ones anyway).

I’m over in Bromley and work in Canary Wharf so it would take a bit of organising on my part but that’s for me to worry about. 🙂

burgatedicky

Looks like we’re getting a small group together.
    Over to you OP, get an evening organised!

akira

Used to do a fair bit but the guy i went with moved up north. Could be up for it, over in Epsom so not too far away. Fatty and not to fast/slow.

sofabear
    Free Member

*runsofftoreadbicyclelightreviews*

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

will be out Thursday night (at least that’s the plan) normally start from WB car park 8pm

sallen
    Free Member

thanks for the responses guys – am happy to join in with some of those.

Mon to Thurs are best for me.

Am on the patriot (my Alp bike) because I sold my hardtail – regretting that now! I’m not into all the massive stuff that keeps getting built.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills Night Riding Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.