Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Surrey Hills
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Pretty awesome aren’t they.

Got shown around by a friend yday, lots flow, bits of tech, some jumps, a nice balance for me. Far more fun than what i’ve experience in the peak district.

Itching my head now struggling to think what i can ride that is similar near sheffield, all i can think of is the eckington DH tracks, any suggestions?

geetee1972
    Free Member

What we have in roots and loam the peak more than makes up for with rocks and speed. But I’m glad you have had a positive experience of riding down here. It’s pretty good really, about as good as you can find anywhere else in the uk if you ignore the length of the climbs/descents. Oh and it’s quite a bit more technical when it’s soaking set.

What about wharncliffe woods in sheffield? They’re pretty good.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Wharney is very good, particularly if you’re in a steep tech mood, but lacking sections of outright speed, sculpted berms and jumps.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I live in the Surrey Hills and I love the riding here and in the Peaks as both are different. For you how about Cannock ?

ridesheffield
    Free Member

Greno has a feeling of the surrey hills, but with more rocks. Sign posted loop will be avaiable up there soon ish! but trails are pretty obvious

jambalaya
    Free Member

I will be riding Greno soon, have to visit the daughter at Uni in Leeds, would be rude to drive past without stopping 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills’ is closed to new replies.