Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Surly Karate Monkey
  • womble72
    Free Member

The name brings a smile to my face whenever I see it mentioned online 😀

What are they like to ride?

lance_fan
    Free Member

a great deal of fun going down i have to say……….not as spritely going up though! Go on…..try one, you may just like it! 😀

womble72
    Free Member

If it is as much fun to ride as the name suggests then it must be the best bike in the world 🙂

ruffrider

Mine brings a smile to my face every time I ride it, I’m not that fast up hill anyway but doesn’t feel slower than anything else I’ve ridden.All in all a very comfortable and versatile bike. The name always makes me laugh to myself too…. 🙂

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I already had a Surly 1×1 which is a fantastic bike but wanted something with gears with a similar feel – picked up a second hand KM off here a few weeks back and I love it already.

Surprisingly capable in techy conditions for a big wheeler – with big tyres it’s pretty much unstoppable on long moorland blasts – it just eats up obstacles like water bars etc. Can’t say I’m missing suspension even on pretty rocky trails (I live on Dartmoor). Really versatile too…. I’ve even seen them run with drops as a tourer.

coastkid
    Free Member

Had mine 2 1/2 years, love it, fits like a glove and rides sweet,
    Going back to ridged once the Suntour forks pack in as just fitted 47mm rims and now running 2.55 WTB Weirwolfs, it rolls through roots and rocky stuff really well… 🙂

Tyningham by coastkid71, on Flickr

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Surly Karate Monkey’ is closed to new replies.