Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Supplements for joint/ligament protection/healing? Worth considering?
  • psychle
    Free Member

If you’re doing a lot of exercise and finding that your joints ache a bit (particularly for me it’s my shoulders and back); along with stretching obviously, what supplements would/could one take to help joints recover and heal (and prevent injury/discomfort in the first place?).

I’m thinking Fish Oil, Chondroitin and Glucosamine may be worth taking, or would it all be a waste of time and money?

cheers 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

I use both Fish Oil and Glucosamine and get on well with them. I have no empirical evidence of their efficacy and it could be just the placebo effect, but I’m sure I get less joint ache after running/biking/mountaineering than I did without.

I walked 1300 Munro miles this summer on the above and a daily Ibuprofen (as a preventative rather than curative). Knees, ankles, hips, shoulders all fine.

kaesae
    Free Member

Glucosamine sulphate, I and a lot of people I know use it. I also used it when my back was bad and it made it much better.

😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If your ligaments are hurting as a result of weight training I’d suggest lowering the weights.
    Ligaments take longer to strengthen than muscles I believe.

How’s the overall training / weight loss going btw?

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Simply suppliments

Glucosamine sulphate, less than 9 quid for a years supply. All my joints used to click, wrists ankles the lot, been on this for a few years following advice from the doc, no clicks at all now, job done.
    May take a month or two to kick in.

surfer
    Free Member

Feedback I have had from friends, club mates etc and my own experience has been than Glucosamine has no affect.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Also have a google of Vit D esp, for this time of year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Supplements for joint/ligament protection/healing? Worth considering?’ is closed to new replies.