Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Superstar warranty – anyone had any recent experience?
  • theboyneeds
    Free Member

I’ve just had a dissapointingly premature failure of a Superstar hub (2 months of light use).

I’m going to send the wheel back to them on a warranty claim but I remember some bad press about their warranties a couple of years back. Some chap got in a right state about it, websites and all.

Can anyone give me any good news stories or should I expect a fight? At least if happened this evening rather than at the Battle on the Beach next weekend!

Ta muchly.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Had nothing but frictionless compliance from them – is it less than 2 years old, did you buy from us, has is broken – if you can answer yes to all that they send you a replacement.

Speshpaul

I had a Tesla hub keep breaking the pauls, had a satisfactory out come in the end, but they are a bit frustrating to deal with.

if you need a wheel for next weekend, you might need to sort something else out.

docrobster
    Free Member

Same here.
    Switch hub. Probably 5-6 years old.
    Axle (135 qr) snapped so bought a new one. That snapped after 3 rides. Emailed them pics, new one sent in post. In the end I snapped that too so swapped to 10mm bolt through which has been fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think they’re ok ever since fruitgate and Luke-a-geddon

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Thanks all. That gives me some hope. I just need to find the cheapest way of getting a wheel to them. Parcel Farce want £25! Thankfully I’ve got another wheel (also Superstar!) that will take me down the beach next weekend.

nhamer1976
    Free Member

Similar problem with wheel with a Tesla rear hub failure. Sent it back. They emailed me telling me they didn’t have any Teslas left and would I like a DT Swiss one instead.

Yes please!

tjagain

They pay the postage not you. Ask them how they want it sent. ( ok you might have to pay first but its their reposibility)

Bolt

Just had a freehub and axle changed under warrenty, and they couldn’t have been more helpful.
    Very quick replies to email as well.

I was sent a shipping label for ups to return the wheel

Bolt

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve just had my free hub changed over under warranty, they were great to deal with by email, just asked for some photos and they sent me a new one straight away.

I’m not happy that it only lasted a few rides in the first place. Fuel hubs from the xmas sales.

rsl1
    Free Member

I had a very similar problem to docrobster except the upgrade to 10mm and switch ultra didn’t solve the problem, then ratchet teeth started turning in the hub so I gave up and went Hope 🙂 They were perfectly compliant but didn’t make the process easy

jkomo

Excellent service for me. No problems whatsoever. One was to re dish a wheel, the other was a Pacenti road rim failing. They thought it best to replace it with a Stans. Rebuilt and returned.
    I can’t see myself buying wheels from anywhere else. 4 sets so far.

Northwind

They sent me a wheel built with a load of bent spokes. That’s extremely shit, to be frank, it must have been assembled, built and trued that way but it was so visible, I spotted one of them before the wheel was out of the box. Total QC disaster. So black mark for that but as soon as I emailed them, I got a return label for it. UPS’d it back, had the wheel back rebuilt with news spokes (*) 2 days later. So that’s really a good save. Mixed experience, should never have happened but you couldn’t fault the response.

(*I marked the bent spokes invisibly because I totally expected them to just bend them straight)

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Well, I contacted them and got a rapid response with a UPS label. Picked up today so fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

I spent a fun Sunday afternoon swapping cassette, discs, and tyres off one set of wheels onto another, which was quite theraputic!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Superstar warranty – anyone had any recent experience?’ is closed to new replies.