• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bol.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Superstar sintered pads – any good with Martas?
  • bol

Seduced by the apparent excellent value of Superstar’s multi-buys. Anyone used them with Magura Marta SLs, and if so, were they any good?

bol

Anyone?

james
    Free Member

They ought to be alright, they work okay in other brakes. Okay so they’re missing some feedack to tell you they’re actually biting the rotor, they can squeal and will build up a bit of heat, but they do last (or mine do) in (mostly peak grit) slop, and especially for the money, they’re very good just for that

They will void you Magura warranty though, being sintered I believe

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    craig1975
    Free Member

Ive only ever used them with Avids… there OK but my god do they Sqeeel…. and yes Ive tried every thing to remedy the problem.. I personally prefer there Kevlar pads, but they don’t last as long as the sintered…

coolfurcats
    Free Member

Hi Bol,
    Don’t do it… Sintered pads build up heat too much and don’t shield the caliper enough. Normal Kevlar pads have enough heat dissipation in the pad body to avoid the brake getting cooked. If you want a pad that lasts longer try a harder Kevlar compound pad. And this is apart from the fact that sintered pads squeal louder than any other type. 😯

Joe

I’ve been using them for ages on my Marta SL’s. Absolutely fine, no problems at all, ample power, recommended.

Can’t say i’ve noticed any squealing unless its really wet and gloopy.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Been using the superstar kevlar race pads since the summer now on my Martas, they have been excellent. Recently developed a problem with one of the master cylinders though so opted for a new set of Elixir CR’s. Therefore I have a few pair going spare if you fancy a bargain, 2 pairs in unopened packaging for £10 posted. let me know.

Cheers

bol

Thanks guys. Sounds like Kevlar is a good bet then. CrombieCraig, mail heading your way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Superstar sintered pads – any good with Martas?’ is closed to new replies.