Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superstar QR – any good?
  • StuF

as above or are there any better for similar price?

now assume brace position for flying octoprons and the like….

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

Get shimano Deore Skewers! They are cheap and the best bar none.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Superstar component are sponsors of the Big Bike Bash, their stuff is excellent. You should have seen their wheel sets at Bike Radar Live – awesome performance an value

redbikes
    Free Member

AS CB says – would not use anything else.

tooslow
    Free Member

I think brant said some uncomplimentary things about them.
    Being hollow steel meant they would stretch like Ti ones IIRC.

I may be wrong though.

StuF

wca – as they’re your event sponsors might you be a tiny bit biased 😉

brant
    Free Member

Being hollow steel meant they would stretch like Ti ones IIRC.

I did some sums, and based on being the same weight as a ti one, the cross section would, I calculated, stretch about the same as a ti one. Which are too stretchy for me for front use on a QR fork.

On the back they’d be fine.

pinches
    Free Member

the QRs are the only half decent thing superstar make imo. Although, on my magura fork the QR is slightly too short to work which means i have to unscrew it fully every time

16stonepig
    Free Member

I heard that the QR material comes off the backing plate if you fit them with a rock.

trailmonkey

Just go to your LBS and they’ll have a bunch of Shimano ones kicking around. People seem to want to upgrade to more bling brands when they buy new bikes. My LBS have given me 3 free Shimano XT QR’s over the last 2 or 3 years. Best I’ve ever used.

Northwind

I’ve got them on mine, after hearing from someone who used a set for the mega I figure they should be OK for my mincing. But I’ll be honest, I don’t trust them as much as I did my XTs, I spend a wee bit more care checking and tightening them. Still, they’re light and inexpensive.

Oh, carboncycles, who sell the Exotic carbon parts, sell the exact same QRs if you don’t want to be tainted by the superstar logo 😉 They also do a solid spindle version.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superstar QR – any good?’ is closed to new replies.