Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Superstar components- nano tech pedals ?
  • james0706
    Free Member

Hi, I have soor these and they look really good and I loved the price but then there was an upgrade for £38.99 and wondered what is the upgrade actully for and do I need the upgrade ?

angryratio
    Free Member

Just buy them as standard.
    They’re great.

james0706
    Free Member

Okay thanks, could you possibly tell me what the upgrade does ?

angryratio
    Free Member

costs money, and adds a lighter axle as far as i could see.
    I opted to save the money and go to the pub instead.

It’s a waste of money. (someone who does’nt go to the pub would argue the opposite)

james0706
    Free Member

Haha, I think I’m with you on saving money, but not the pub because I’m only 14 🙁

moniex
    Free Member

standard ones are lovely, I have them in white, paint stays on ok too.
    Simone

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m guessing the upgraded ones are ti axle? Save some weight, but lose some strength! Some other brand ti axles have a weight limit on them, I wouldn’t bother myself.

big_scot_nanny

i found my nano’s have stood up to ridiculous abuse and not even whimpered. Really good.

Oposite to simone’s experience though, I’ve found the paint a joke. Although, with 19st and size 12 5.10s thumping off mine they may be getting a harder time. 😀

Kev

rOcKeTdOg

white standard here, paint coming off now after two years and a hard winter, doesn’t affect the grip though!

ricardo666
    Free Member

I have the standard nano’s and they’re brilliant.

I’m a skinny lad and have them on the old
    hardtail for the weekly commute and the full sus
    for the weekend blast. Taken plenty of abuse

Would’nt bother with the ti upgrade to be honest

honourablegeorge

+1 on the white paint – used the pedals off-road for only the second time last weekend, there was white paint falling off them in finger-sized sheets.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

its a lot of money to lose just a little weight off an already light pedal (my easton flatboys weigh about half a pound more than nanos).

If grey is your colour the kona wah wah is the exact same pedal and is even cheaper than the Nano, about £32 from various UK-base ebay traders.

james0706
    Free Member

Okay, are they fairly strong, for like jumping amd dh ?

kimbers

they are as good as anything else out there

Scamper
    Free Member

I do like my nano techs, but after 9 months, one pedal is wonky on the axle, so i need to buy the pedal bearing kit for circa £16. I’m not sure if i should expect longer life or not?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

they are strong as most, but if youre into jumping and DH you dont want to waste money upgrading to snappy Ti axles!

mr_mills
    Free Member

I had some of the white ones. The paint started coming off immediately in big chunks and after 8 months they were virtually silver. The pins also got ripped out very easily, damaging the threads so replacements wouldn’t go in properly. Just bought some of the thru-pin ones which were the same price as the normal ones.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Superstar components- nano tech pedals ?’ is closed to new replies.