Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Supersoaker Vs Portable bike washer ??
  • graemep
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again where I and no doubt many others have to contemplate loading a filthy bike into the back of the car after enjoying a muddy ride, but I’m reluctant to spend £100+ on a portable washer…

So how about a large water pistol for car park cleaning duties?

Will it work? Will it kill my bearings? And will it be more fun? 🙂

Drac

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sounds more fun but may take a while. I got an orange non-branded Mobi-washer from ebay which works quite well. It was £65ish posted. It was being sold as a general purpose washer, not as a bike product.

graemep
    Free Member

Good idea Drac, just looked and B&Q are doing similar for £17!

Cheers Herman, that could also be an option, but I’d have to be careful around the bearings I suppose with it being a ‘normal’ washer.

sparkyrhino

8L sprayer £10 from wilkinsons works a treat.

scratch
    Free Member

Been meaning to get one of these for ages as part of my CX kit.

Do the hand pump efforts pack a bit of punch then?

graemep
    Free Member

Nice one sparkyrhino 🙂

TiRed

They pack enough. I rinse down 2-3 bikes after a ride. I sometimes hoze them down when I get home too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I like the idea of using a super soaker to clean down the bike but they are a little large and probably quite delicate.

I used to have a dirtworker as we didnt have a hose or a shed. When we moved I found it too much hassle and it is much easier to use the hose or just not bother. I’m not really fussed about the boot of the car being muddy but a garden sprayer might be worth a try as its getting quite muddy out there at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Supersoaker Vs Portable bike washer ??’ is closed to new replies.