Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Superlight owners…. Is the RP23 upgrade worthwhile?
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

As it sounds really. Anyone know if the upgrade from the float R to the RP23 is worthwhile on a superlight? I assumed it would bs but read a recent review that suggested that it wasn’t necessary.
    Any advice on this would be appreciated.
    Ta

dekadanse
    Free Member

Got an RP2 on mine and its l-a-r-v-e-l-y…………taut and no bob even without propedal, but plush when it counts. Had an old silver Superlight a couple of years ago with Float R which was far more squidgy (not in a good way).

Andy

Have an RP23 on my SL. I’d say RP2 yes, RP23 no. Have never really used all three propedal settings, so just the RP2, ie on or off would be all you need I’d have thought.

z1ppy

Depends if you want the on/off option mainly, myself I never turn the PP off (I might be the exception though)
    The 3 PP settings are nice, but once set I’ve never changed it on any of the three bikes, with RP23’s, that I’ve owned. Though a fettle by a suspension guru would give you that on your own shock.

stooo
    Free Member

Got an RP23 on mine and really like it. The std float has a permanent slight pro-pedal setting, so the RP23 will feel a bit plusher and more active when the PP is switched off, then you’ve a choice of settings for the On setting.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Cheers – hmmm decisions decisions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Superlight owners…. Is the RP23 upgrade worthwhile?’ is closed to new replies.