Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • "Superlight or ST4?" or "What 4" trail full suss bike?"
  • robob
    Free Member

I'm looking (tentatively) for a full suss to replace a Cotic Soul. I'm looking at 100mm frames with the ability to run upto 120mm ish forks and I'm looking for trail not race geometry.
    Mostly for Peaks and trail centre riding but also going to be used for SitS / Mayhem etc…

Whadya reckon?

peteimpreza

Cannondale Rush

RicB

I'm looking at the same thing. My 1st choice is a turner flux with a 120mm reba but I think a giant anthem with 120mm fork will be almost as good and about half the price!

Baldysquirt

ST4 or Commencal super 4 would be on my list, but you won't really know without a test ride. I also tried a Norco Faze at a demo day and it rode really well.

Nezbo
    Free Member

for me it is the Giant Anthem X* it is a great bike, i fall in love with it the more i use it. so easy to ride, mine could to with riser bars and a shorter stem (sometime it is perfect and sometime i feel it needs new riser bars and 70mm stem)

Well recomemded

🙂

Spud

Superlight frame and swap your bits!

Alas poor Bertha……

druidh
    Free Member

Blur XC carbon

mrcamel
    Free Member

another vote for anthem x here, bought the x3 (there werent any frames left)and put my own bits on it, running revs at 120mm….

so far been to afan, coedy, mach and some local stuff, its awesome!! the guy i was riding with in wales didnt believe it was 'only 100mm'

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Superlight, awesome bike. Just come back from the pyrenees riding all day xc, then up to the bike park for some burly air & rad stunts & downhill.
    Reba 115mm forks, the bike just handled everything i could throw at it.

ronburgundy

Intense Spider 2 – 4.5 or 5" rear and will run 120-140mm fork. Beautiful bike.

robob
    Free Member

isn't the Anthem X a bit racy?? i know it's less racy than the previous Anthem but still more racy than the Superlight or ST4?? still loving the looks / idea of the Superlight tbh…

Olly
    Free Member

old trance (pre anthem x, but new pot belly shape) for a 100-120mm traily feel bike.
    neowm

hard to get hold of though…

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Got rid of my Blur Classic, as i didnt feel a 4" full susser held any advantages for me over a 5" hardtail, after riding them back to back over a few months.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

mrcamel – I'd be really interested in knowing a bit more how an Anthem X rides with 120mm forks on it. if you see this post, could you email me please (addy in profile). Cheers mate.

Mole
    Free Member

I've got a superlight with 120mm maxle lite reba's on. Best bike i've been on,ace mud clearance,simple design for all year round uk riding. Considered all of the above frames,definitely made the right choice. I've had a multi pivot bike which rode nice but they need major maintenance to keep them riding that way.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Would seriously consider a Turner Flux with a 120mm Reba or Float.In fact lusting after one at the moment! No problem with pivots just a quick squirt with the grease gun! Just had my my bushes replaced on my 2004 Spot! Expensive frame to buy, but worth it!
    Thanx Max

shinsplints

*******makes noise of Trance brigade rolling into town********

What Olly said .2008 Trance 4.2" on the back,u Turns up front set at 115mm – perfect for just about everything. (i'm not a wheels leaving the ground type rider) slightly more "trail" than the Anthem IMO.I managed to pick up a bargain Trance 3 & have changed lots of bits over the last few months.Its nearly there now.

Chapaking will be along in a minute to say the same thing as me & Olly. 😆

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

This is what i was looking at, 4" trail bike.
    ended up buying a complete 2007 trance bike, selling the bits and putting my hardtail parts on. this included 130mm RS revelations.
    bloomin love it. probably comes in around 29lbs?
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3521305/

dickie
    Free Member

2010, Trek Fuel EX, 120mm travel & Fox 15mm bolt through forks, plus good spec.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘"Superlight or ST4?" or "What 4" trail full suss bike?"’ is closed to new replies.