Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Supergroups, better than the sum of the parts?
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

Masters of Reality.
    especially with some drummer who used to be in Cream.

darrell
    Free Member

How about Brujeria then?

Adrian Erlandsson, Billy Gould, Dino Cazares, Emilio Marquez, Eric Boucher, Jeff Walker, Jesse Pintado, John Lepe, Marijuano Machete, Nicholas Barker, Pat Hoed, Pinche Peach, Pititis, Raymond Herrera, Shane Embury, Tony Laureano

Famous? Where, in Norway?

err no – from Norway

muttley109
    Free Member

Nola is a superb album but there is no way it is better than vulgar display of power.

Rainbow pretty good if they count and Temple of the Dog were good.

Do Temple of the Dog count as a supergroup as didn’t they record it before the formation of Pearl Jam?

DezB
    Free Member

If you’re into your math-rock then Battles are a supergroup from Don Caballero and Helmet. Better than both of those bands by a long stretch

Agree with that.
    People rate Rainbow? That was the soft metal my parents liked when I was a teenager. By definition I had to hate it 😆

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

not a group at all… but the same concept

8 of cats does countdown

much better than either of the parent programmes

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

How about a ‘secret’ supergroup. The Remain In Light line up of The Talking Heads.
    Talking Heads + Half of Parliament Funkadelic + Brian Eno + Adrian Belew = 😀

nickdavies

Black Country Communion possibly the best recent proper supergroup I can think of. All giants in their own right. Not sure it surpassed individual efforts but had a pretty good go.

senorj

Abba?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Atoms for Peace (obviously not betterer than Radiohead but waaaaay better than RHCP)

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Supergroups, better than the sum of the parts?’ is closed to new replies.