• This topic has 94 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Superfast broadband upgrade, coming to the boondocks
  • scaredypants

MIne’s improved a bit lately – previous PB was around 18

I’d like to imagine this reflects something new in the exchange, though I’m sceptical
    (could it be down to the windows 10 ?)

Sandwich

Not too shonky for 10am at the weekend on cheapskate fibre over wireless.

Stoner
    Free Member

*Stoner does another little jig, woohoo!*

just butted in on a couple of contractors playing with wires around the new Big Green Box in the village. Over the course of today they are connecting all our lines in the old box to the Big New Box. Then apparently BT come out and check it all, fit some kind of fibre optic thingy, and we should be good to go in about 3 weeks or so.

Perfect timing as my current BT BB contract is up this month so should be able to get a cracking deal.

footflaps

just butted in on a couple of contractors playing with wires around the new Big Green Box in the village.

That will be MI5, they’re stepping up surveillance of the People’s front of Malvernshire.

Alex

Well the green box went into the village a couple of months ago. Just a year late. Sadly the 19 houses in our tiny hamlet are a) served off this exchange and b) two miles + from it. Apparently my only option is to petition BT to put an additional cabinet closer to us, and they will consider our proposal against the many other fighting for the small fund put aside to do this.

I’m not holding my breath 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

Al – get a wimax relay from the cross on the main road – you just need a big stick poking out of your dingy bottom to get line of sight…

Alex

I used to understand comms, but I didn’t know what a Wimax Relay was till I looked it up. However I do have sufficient knowledge to know my ‘dingy bottom’ is not a good mountain point for an aerial !

allthegear
    Free Member

Took AGES for Openreach to connect our box once it was installed – over a year. Apparently, they didn’t have a power supply available…

Worth it in the end, though.

Stoner
    Free Member

Well that took a little longer than hoped but:
    YESTERDAY

TODAY

TOMORROW

matt_outandabout

You are still in the lower 50%

😉

polo5353
    Free Member

Been waiting a couple of years now for BT to get their act together and get Optic out to us.

Not quite sure how much longer they intend to take, whenever Openreach is consulted, it just crocks up the comment “Not in the area yet etc”.

Surrounding area’s do, in both Glos and Hereforshire but nothing to us yet. Hurry up BT!

molgrips
    Free Member

Still got nothing in my relatively affluent suburb of a significant UK city.. FFS…

bruneep

Had a failed install of fibre on Friday since then we’ve had zip yada sweet **** all BB.

Reasons have varied from faulty router x 2 (brand new out of box). Time it can take up to 2hrs for router to sync 🙄 the weather to wet. Have a home visit on Thursday. BT openreach are really shite

tang
    Free Member

4 weeks now with nothing since switch day to fibre with BT. They really don’t know their arse from their elbow.

toby1

Spotted a local news site saying things were happening in my village recently, 2 weeks later I’ve gone from an average of 500k to 40Mb/s. BT did good for once.

Outer Cambridge area also, apparently someone even took it on themselves to work out a new route to avoid us having a further years delay in getting high speed, I’d like to shake that persons hand.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Superfast broadband upgrade, coming to the boondocks’ is closed to new replies.