Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Super mini`s … lots of choice ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

As my family is getting older now and moving out 🙂 .. myself and the wife are thinking about buying a new car , weve never had a new car before always used, but fancy treating our selves 🙂 …
    only thing is there are so many in that sector ! …
    so far we have looked at , Kia Rio, Fiat Punto,Vauxhall Corsa and Skoda Fabia, dont really like the new fiestas so thats out … anything else we should consider ? …
    some great deals out there 🙂

CountZero

Look for a Fabia VRs; diesel hot-hatch, fantastic little car, goes like the clappers, and pretty cheap to run, with quite a lot of space. VAG build quality, too, in fact it’s been said that Skodas are better built than other VAG cars.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Sorry things like the VRS etc are waay out of my price range ! … id like one though if im honest 😀

br
    Free Member

Just go on autotrader and put a price limit in, and then see what cars you can buy – sod buying new.

£10k will pretty much get anything, after you’ve driven something like an M3 or even a basic-ish quality 2 litre you certainly won’t want a tinny little hatch.

jkomo

Ive had two modern minis, a mark one s and a mark 2 works, both jaw droppingly quick. Crazy quick. Keep up with almost anything quick. Try one.
    To all your mockery, you don’t know nowt.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fiat panda, its Ace! its like a time machine for motoring costs, and more fun to drive than got its got any right to, I heartily recommend one.. 😀

rickmeister

We are moving to Germany soon so need a car with the steering on the wrong side,

Fabia Vrs 1.9tdi, 160bhp, 68k, fsh, t&t Sept, clean as a clean thing, will be up for sale mid April…

Cheaper to insure than a Smart fortwo

Averaging 46mpg @ motorway speeds… brilliant little car. Good deals on ebay.

CountZero

Rick, your Fabia really has me tempted; my Octy is getting a bit long in the tooth, and a more compact car would suit me these days. Doubt I’ll be able to afford it, though. Still, I can dream… 🙂

sandal100

Suzuki Swift, Renault Clio Mk.4 should be along soon, Panda 4×4??

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ rick ….. very tempting … give us an idea on price ?

rickmeister

Count zero, circa £4.25k….

The the T5 goes after that when the house is sold..

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Mmmm a nice subtle colour then ! 😀

white101

So, this T5 then, just a van or is it a combi?

\/\/\/ +1 for Ibiza

stumpy01

New Ibiza? Good looking car & they often do good deals like no vat.

Basically a Polo, A1, Fabia underneath.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Polo, Ibiza or cheap as chips the hyundai i20 (see drivethedeal.com)

rickmeister

White 101, factory kombi, 80k miles M1 type approval so car speed limits apply, not selling right now but as soon as the house sells, I will be.

It has a trip with Ms Rickmeisters stuff to the Black Forest to do.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Saw two fiat panda 100hp’s yesterday with a half-life, look great fun.

trevron73
    Free Member

I have got a swift sport ,i got it New 6 years ago ,its never missed a beat ,80,000 miles ,its fast if you rev it (it loves being driven hard )corners like an Elise and i put an induction kit and exhaust on and its now throatier(sic) than a German mature (off the net) i can get two mtb bikes in, 1 wheels off 1 wheels on.and luggage for a 2 week touring holiday ,they are super cheap as well .id have another 4 sure .

mrmo
    Free Member

got a 3year old vw polo moda, nice place to be if a little underpowered, 1.2 petrol, but it is a car, i can fit a bike in it, it drives, does the speed limit, etc

CountZero

Hmmmm, a Flying Banana! Don’t mind the colour, actually; there was a similar colour Audi RS4 Avant near work the other day, an earlier one with the slot grill, and what must have been at least 20″ narrow spoked alloys, and I really liked the colour. I don’t think I’ve seen a Fabia that colour before.
    Bloody hell, I’m really quite tempted.
    Rickmeister, whereabouts are you, out of interest?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Super mini`s … lots of choice ?’ is closed to new replies.