Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Suntour XCR RL forks – assumption is rubbish, but are they?
  • phutureproof
    Free Member

For a cheap FS build, are these going to be awful? They are soooo cheap!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50677

clubber
    Free Member

My Suntour Epicon was perfectly functional – certainly the reba that replaced it isn’t really noticeably better. Not sure how the XCR compares though.

VanHalen

i think i got these on my xc bike originally. i dont think they have any rebound damping. but do have compression adjustment. very odd. i never rode them – they are on my garage wall.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

They are good, for the price point they are designed for.
    The rebound is pre-set with the majority of SR forks but tends to be spot on if ur not too heavy.
    They dont last too long if you do a lot of riding tho.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

They are QR15mm so you will need to ensure you have the correct hub.

barrykellett
    Free Member

I have a set of Manitou Black Comps I got for dirt cheap off ebay a few weeks back for my Singlespeed cheap build. They had never been used before i got them and now they have been used to ride out to the end of the street and back for a picture. They Have one scratch on the lowers

I want rigids now!

Do you want them to save yourself a wedge of cash?
    I paid £31 plus extortionate postage
    Do you want them for the same?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280599676179

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My mum has them on her bike, they work, but nothing to write home about, a marginal improvement over rigid forks, they’ll save you if you barrel into a corner quickly and hit a root/rock mid corner, but they were hopeless over multiple rocks/roots/steps.

phutureproof
    Free Member

How long is the steerer on the blacks?

foxyrider
    Free Member

For decent technical riding they will probably fall apart – I did a week in Austria on a HT and within 3 days the anodising wore off and the bushings were on their ways out 🙁

barrykellett
    Free Member

How long is the steerer on the blacks?

Not 100% sure
    But its pretty short. I will measure tonight. To give you an idea they are on a large On-One Inbred with an FSA orbit XL II headset, one spacer and a Raceface deus stem.

What frame are you looking for forks to put on?

Email me to remind me: barry_kellett99 (AT) hotmail.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Suntour XCR RL forks – assumption is rubbish, but are they?’ is closed to new replies.