Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Suntour XCR forks…
  • the-muffin-man

Are these any good for a kids bike? The seem pretty cheap and look half decent.

I see they are coil forks but do you need to be a hefty rider to make them move, or is there some adjustment possible.

They are for my daughters bike and Sherwood Pines is likely to be the most offroad they’d see.

Northwind

Thay are actually pretty decent. But it’s hard to get replacement springs and it seems to be a bit of pot luck whether you get a suitable one. (they do have a little preload adjustment but that’s no use if the spring’s not right)

My main finding was, really stay on top of the maintenance- regular lowers services absolutely essential, because the sealing isn’t great and the internals have absolutely no tolerance for dirt- lots of soft plastic. Keep them in good shape and get a suitable spring and they’re one of the better budget forks but, those are big buts.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Imo you’re better off getting some second hand Rockshox. Much easier to gets parts for, service and lighter.

the-muffin-man

Thanks both of you.

And a bump for the daytime crowd!

Northwind

Just, I’d agree with Darren, unless the XCRs are really cheap.

devash
    Free Member

My girlfriend has a set on her Cube hardtail. They’re ok for fire roads and very light trail use but you obviously get what you pay for. They are very heavy, lots of plastic parts, no rebound damping.

I sold my Rock Shox Recon Gold fork for about £80 a few months back so I’d say the second hand market is your best bet.

neilwheel
    Free Member

As above, some used Recons with an air spring would be the best bet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suntour XCR forks…’ is closed to new replies.