Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sunnyhurst (Darwen) – Looking for friends
  • el_diablo
    Free Member

I'm moving to the Sunnyhurst area of Darwen and I understand there is a hard core bunch of bikers who ride regularly around here (hard core as in weather not 40ft drops). In fact there was half a dozen of them in the pub last night.

Anyone on here?………….

mick_r

Sunnyhurst pub? I'm guessing it was the gang I occasionally go out with (which is 2 or 3 groups that always used to bump into each other – now loosely amalgamated into one). One of the guys I work with was def out with them last night – will ask what time they were in the pub.

Usually people out tuesday and thursday. Darwen rides start from Abbey Village 6 ish. Also start from Brinscall / Rivi etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.blackburnbikers.co.uk/

These guys also local to you- I am other side in Chorley

Nezbo
    Free Member

MFCat – I was there dressed as santa 🙂 hehe, they is a great groop of lads, and fast(ish) pace 🙂 You could also always checkout Darwen MTB Club

mick_r – now i know who you are on STW hehe, where was you last night, did we scare you with the fancy dress talk? hehe

Gary_C

You're moving to Darwen voluntarily?
    Mind you,at least its Sunnyhurst area & not Anchor,or Birch Hall..*Shudder*… 😉

el_diablo
    Free Member

Hi Nezbo, thought I saw a couple of Santas flash past last night. I was watching your lights coming down form the tower.

I don't mind a fastish pace, do you have a regular night/time then?

I'm fairly local already so have been up Darwen Tower a lot already, but with it being literally in the back garden, it would be nice to get to know the locals!

Great pub too, are the butties a regular thing?

Gary C – yep totally by choice, far better value for money in Sunnyhurst than over in the dRibble Valley!

MrSparkle

MF cat – I know the Sunnyhurst mob. They go out pretty much every Tues night and Thurs night in summer too. Decent enough bunch. Bear in mind that they don't hang about! If you just turn up you will find that they are friendly (even friendlier after they have been in the Sunnyhurst!). Ask for Eddie and say Mr Sparkle sent you.
    If you are riding round Darwen keep an eye out for me. I'll be on either a very old battered white SS Inbred or a red SS Voodoo, whilst looking old enough to know better.
    HTH.
    PS I am in the Sunny most Thurs nights but with my fell running hat on. Darwen Dashers RC

mick_r

Sounds like there were more than one bunch of nutters out last night. Our mob only visited the Hare & Hounds (Abbey Village).

But they did meet a group of quite pished santas having fun on bikes….

Nezbo
    Free Member

The meet time is 1815(ish) every tuesday night come rain or shine 🙂 if you are going to be late it is best to ring and let us know so we can wait etc…

Yep the butties are put on every tuesday, you just need to stick a quid or so in the glass.

Ask for neil(me) i am not to sure if i will be out next tuesday night, as i am off work so i should be out during the day.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Thanks Neil,

I'll not be playing out for a few weeks, haven't actually moved in yet!

I work in Manchester and probably won't get home until nearer to 7pm. I'll have to start thinking of some good excuses to leave early regularly on Tuesdays.

I do have Thurdsays off though, so if it's true that you do some Thursday rides too, I'll be OK for those!

Nezbo
    Free Member

I am not to sure about the thursday rides, think it is more of a pub crawl than a ride, but best bet is to come on a ride and ask about the ride on thursday. (i will ask for you if i remember)

If you are up for a ride, give me a shout any time, i am usaly free most weekends, plus i am training for the Trans Wales, so any riding time is good 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sunnyhurst (Darwen) – Looking for friends’ is closed to new replies.