Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sunny High Street pics from yesterday
  • grumm
    Free Member

Glorious day out yesterday. Managed to put a huge ding in the bottom of my downtube, but never mind.

Evil last climb of the day:

Few more here – http://www.flickr.com/photos/18244158@N00/sets/72157616291499550/

Stranger
    Free Member

Looks fantastic!
    What route did you choose?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Awesome

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I did a great ride on High Street a couple of years ago, but I don’t recognise the singletrack on the hillside in your 3rd photo. Where is it?

anc
    Free Member

Looking down Boredale Hause I think.

P.S it ain’t singletrack, just looks like it in that photo.

grumm
    Free Member

I did the High Street North route from the VG guide – doesn’t quite go to the top of High Street itself. Goes up from Low Hartsop past Hayeswater, then up onto High Raise, down past Loadpot Hill, then doubles back southwards again.

anc is correct that is Boredale (or Boardale?), and its not singletrack – its mostly pretty ridable as a climb but the top section is an evil carry especially at that point in the day. The top of the descent to Patterdale from there is quite amusing too – VERY steep and loose!

Think doing the Ullswater singletrack bit to finish may be a better option really.

grumm
    Free Member

Oh yeah, sorry the pics aren’t in the right order – the last one is actually from earlier on.

I have to say, while I had a great day out – purely in terms of biking it wasn’t the all-time mega classic I had been led to expect by some people. Amazing views, but the descents weren’t all that special imo – esp the one from Loadpot Hill – it has good bits but is a bit disjointed and never seemed to really get going.

Maybe there is a better way of doing it?

rolymo
    Free Member

best way off load pot is to follow the bw as it skirts down the north side of the summit, bear left over arthurs pike and drop onto the bw leading back towards howtown. this is a much much drier, faster descent by miles. too wet any other way and slow going!

then from howtown follow bw to head over martindale church, sandwick on the road and then lovely bw from sandwick to patterdale. nice techy singletrack and stunning lakeside views.

grumm
    Free Member

Dammit I saw that left turn but forked right!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sunny High Street pics from yesterday’ is closed to new replies.