Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • sunny day out in the peak (new bike content)
  • slowrider
    Free Member

went for a ride last thursday but forgot to get the pics off my camera. New bike is fun, I’ve since chopped the steerer down, fitted offset bushings and generally fettled it to feel more like my bike. It surprised me how different it felt at first to my spicy but I guess that’s mostly down to the coil versus air shocks.

Got to love those dusty trails!

Shorty121
    Free Member

Where abouts is that?

P.S also loving the dry and dusty trails 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

‘action’ shots of me and my old man are win hill area, bike photo was an excuse for a breather on the climb up to winstone lee tor.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Parkin clough

slowrider
    Free Member

shhhh 🙄

sambob
    Free Member

Not another new bike Tom? Can i have your spicy please? 😀

slowrider
    Free Member

ha! its all coiled and dual plyed up now for mucking about on. this ones a keeper, honest 😐

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheeky trails?

sambob
    Free Member

I’m sure you said that last time! Fancy a ride this weekend or tail end of next week?

slowrider
    Free Member

Onzadog, yep!

Sambob, daughters 16th this weekend, lakes next weekend. Needs to be soon though!

sambob
    Free Member

Definitely! I’m around during the week for a fortnight after next Wednesday if midweek suits 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Quite busy next week and week after. I’m off the week after that though

Bagstard
    Free Member

What is the new head angle with the off set bushes? Looks nice, how does it climb?

rOcKeTdOg

how wide are those bars?, there’s a few tree gaps you’d not get through with those round my way

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Interested in some info on the shock bushes on the Zesty – i’ve been toying with getting some on mine.

Price/measurements would be great.

slowrider
    Free Member

Bagstard I’ve not measured it but it’s noticeable, I’d guess a degree, maybe a degree and a half. That pic is with the original bushings. It still climbs well but I’m used to a 35lb bike so it would!

Rocketdog, 780mm a lean or shimmy gets you through any tight bits. So far…

Hob nob, bushings were €20 each, I went for the ‘standard’ zesty/spicy set that reduces the effective eye to eye length by 5mm So it’s like it’s sitting 1/4 sagged to start with but still has 140mm travel. Had to increase the rear shock psi by a tiny bit because it also drops the bb slightly but it feels really good.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘sunny day out in the peak (new bike content)’ is closed to new replies.