Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sunny day + Convertible = Roof up – Why?
  • Tinners

It's been raining for, oooh, years but this week it's been gorgeous. Clear blue skies every day. Yet 99% of convertibles pass me with the roof up. Why? OK, so it's not 90 degrees in the shade, but they come supplied with heaters for those of a delicate constitution. Is there something that I'm missing?

ojom
    Free Member

Broken?

IdleJon

It takes too long to drop the roof? 20 seconds is vital these days, you know.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Maybe they don'e want to mess up the hair do?

BigJohn

Convertibles – why?

falkirk-mark

Its worse when its a cold but bright day and these idiots have got roofs down with a scarf and gloves on WTF

Drac

Because it's not exactly hot or because they chose not to.

5lab

mine goes up on the motorway.

down the rest of the time though

Tinners

I'm all for people not choosing to. As Billy Connolly says "Do as you damn well pleasy". But why so many? Just strikes me as very odd when the weather is perfect. (PS Has there ever been a better day to get out on the bike? Perfect temperature, sunny, wild flowers starting to burst through. Perfect. Best ride of the year this afternoon)

colnagokid

They don't want anyone seeing them driving a convertable? Thats what I would do anyway 😀

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Broken mechanisam (or can't work it) or hairdo protection – hairdressers still like convertibles!

grantway
    Free Member

FUMES?

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Usually a d*ckhead who bought it just cos it was more expensive than the other one in the showroom, or a woman who doesnt want to mess her hair up, and same point as above 😀

On both counts, total muppets. I read somewhere that the UK sells more convertibles the the rest of Europe put together!

jon1973
    Free Member

I read somewhere that the UK sells more convertibles the the rest of Europe put together!

I find that very hard to believe.

I don't have a convertible by the way, I don't even have a sunroof. 😆

bruk

Used to drop the hood on mine anytime it wasn't raining and was clear, had a fantastic heater but wind at motorway speeds meant it usually went up so I could hear the radio!

But most wee convertibles are owned by ladies too scared to mess their hair up.

postierich
    Free Member

Convertable driver here some times, other halfs midlife crisis buy,loving the sun @ the mo but still need the heated seats on!

8)

iDave
    Free Member

postie, earlier today….

pedalhead
    Free Member

Had a convertible for a few years until recently. Tbh I found I rather got over the whole thing within a couple of years & just couldn't be bothered unless the weather was truly spectacular.

Lifer
    Free Member

My boss stopped putting the roof down after being called a **** and having a ciggie flicked into the back while waiting at lights 😯

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sunny day + Convertible = Roof up – Why?’ is closed to new replies.