Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sunglasses – Where do you get yours?
  • PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Need a new pair. Looking for some good places to buy them, preferably online. Not entirely sure what I want so places with a good range I can browse would be ideal. Not specifically riding ones either.

Cheers

catsplums
    Free Member

I always end up buying them at airorts, not the cheapest but have a good range and I really need to try before I buy (I think I must have a strange shaped head lol) can always find a model you like then google away!!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Last pair i got were at Blacks, lasted well for price really Bloc range.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bolle safety glasses for me

grantway
    Free Member

Last pair bought at Opticians not needed glasses! But they sold sun glasses too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anywhere selling Oakley works for me.

Houns

I have contacts all around the world for my Oakleys

chakaping
    Free Member

maxx it up

CountZero

Most of mine have come from shops, as I like to be able to try them on first; quite often a pair that look really nice just
    don’t fit, or don’t look right on. I’ve got a bunch of Oakley glasses, and Arnette, before they got bought out by Bauch and Lombe, a pair of Wiley-X that I got through eBay, that were military issue from Afghanistan; the dark lenses were very scratched, and still had sand and dust inside the lens, so I bought some cheap replacements, and I’ve just got a couple of pairs of Ray-Bans, that will eventually have varifocal lenses put in. They’re Lennon style frames, and I got both for less than £60, cheaper than the Specsavers frames I’m wearing at the mo’. If you’re confident that a frame will look good and fit, eBay is a good source, if you’re prepared to take the time to find good ones and bid for them.

Rorschach
    Free Member

As TJ, bolle safety glasses from th ebuilders merchants.

martlev
    Free Member

Boots, I always go for a cheap pair since I am great at leaving them places and forgetting about them. Also being cheap it doesnt matter too much if I drop them and ride over them or whatever.

globalti
    Free Member

TK Max £12.99 for a pair of wraparound shades, popped the lenses out and got an optician to glaze them with my presecription for £53. Job done.

yunki
    Free Member

M+S

catsplums
    Free Member

I have some bolle anaconda’s not sure if they are “safe” as the safety glasses but work for me.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I go to Sunglasses Hut, Selfridges, House of Fraser etc and try them on till I find a pair I like. Then on the inside of the leg it will have the model code.

I note this and then go Google for the cheapest price.

stumpy01

Blacks for Bloc glasses.
    Last ‘posh’ pair I got were Raybans from Bargain Sun Specs online.

Not looked on their website for years though, so can’t even guarantee they are still going.

Ooooh, it would appear they are: http://www.bargainsunspecs.com/

Cougar

Last ‘posh’ pair I had were bought on the ferry to Ireland IIRC. Heavily discounted Police, really nice. Sadly they’re currently in a field in Dorset, as they parted company with my rucksack at Camp Bestival a couple of weeks ago.

So, well timed thread, ta.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sunglasses – Where do you get yours?’ is closed to new replies.