• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by 40mpg.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sunday roast. New Forest.
  • zippykona

Where’s a good place to head for?

footflaps

We’ve stayed at the Rhinefield House Hotel, had a pretty decent restaurant. Not cheap but not outrageously expensive…

curto80
    Free Member

Royal Oak at Bank is good, make sure you book.

Which bit of the New Forest?

zippykona

We are stating in Brockenhurst but meeting people from Ferndown.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

I used to live in Bournemouth until a year ago. We’d regularly ride out to the High Corner Inn (Clicky) as it was the best we’d found. Handy for Ferndown as well…

Well worth getting there early, having a walk for a few hours and ending up back at the pub for lunch.

Oh, and they have a great selection of ales!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

The Turfcutters at East Boldre has nice food and a more ‘independent’ feel but is in the wrong direction.
    The Red Shoot and High Corner Inns at Linwood are both popular and sort of at a mid point between you and your friends with pleasant after dinner walking roundabouts (if the weather’s a bit better than it is today).

bentandbroken

The White Buck at Burley is another good option. Bit more fancy looking than the Red short or High Corner Inn, but they both have their charm!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

My mum makes the best roasts in the New Forest. Alas she hates cyclists

footflaps

Alas she hates cyclists

I thought everyone there did, inc The Verderes…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yes I think its in the deeds when you buy a house

zippykona

Alas she hates cyclists

It’s OK, tell her I am a business man.

kerley
    Free Member

Let’s just hope you don’t look in any way foreign. A foreign looking cyclist will have them really frothing.

Coyote
    Free Member

Another vote for the Turf Cutters. Been a while since I was there but the food was top notch. Beer was good too.

zippykona

The people we were meeting booked The Oak Inn in Bank near Lyndhurst.
    It was easily the best roast I’ve ever had that wasn’t home cooked.
    Well recommended.

redstripe
    Free Member

Good pub that one. Not all of us NF residents are anti’s although yes some are and they seem to have a disproportionally loud voice about it.
    Been told the ‘Hobler Inn’ on the Brock Lymington road has new owners who welcome cyclists, not been yet to verify

simondbarnes

Three Tuns in Bransgore http://www.threetunsinn.com/

Really good beer too 🙂

scaredypants

yeah, the Oak at Bank is nice – for what’s “just” a Fullers pub it’s probably outstanding

making notes of some of the others; never been to the turfcutters

40mpg

Turfcutters is on of our regular haunts. Always a warm welcome! Also the New Forest Inn at Emery Down, The Drift, Red Shoot all bike friendly. Don’t rate the High Corner Inn since it burnt down and got huuge in the early 90s. Royal Oak at Fritham, hare and hounds at sway and rising Sun at Wootton all get regular visits on the bike (I’m a busy boy!)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sunday roast. New Forest.’ is closed to new replies.