Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Sunday morning argument content
  • cheez0
    Free Member

Mrs cheeze has got the mp3’s on this morning whilst doing some housework (good girl)! However she’s declared fleetwood mac as country music

I know it’s not country but what genre is it please, stw-ers?

yunki
    Free Member

blues

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

depends on the era.

Early fleetwood mac is blues, later pop.

Lifer
    Free Member

Blues. Although there was another band that masqueraded as Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left. They were MOR pap though.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Definately not Country, Pop music really.

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvKaLW5bu8[/video]

Stevie Nicks can kiss my grits

bruk

ITunes categorises it as Rock but I would call it pop with the early stuff being heavily influenced by blues.

cheez0
    Free Member

I thought blues was about old black geezers with amazing guitar skills banging on about some bird who cleared off with some other bloke

It’s that a bit simplistic? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cheezo – there was an adoption of the blues as electric blues in the UK in the 60s. Lots of folk from Fleetwood mac to john mayalls blues breakers to eric claption. accepted as blues by such folk as muddy waters
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmW2ek7WkQ[/video]

grievoustim
    Free Member

Blues. Although there was another band that masqueraded as Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left. They were MOR pap though.

I would rather have my head slammed in a car door then listen to boring old, lumpy Peter green’s fleetwood mac.

“Rumours” is a work of genius – it’s not country but there is a country influence in that 70s, LA sound.

cheez0
    Free Member

I do like a nice edjumacational sunday thread.

Just to give an update, mrs cheeze is moving towards piss boiling ‘chick pop’.. Including the likes of shania twain and b’yonce.

Theres gonna be a fight if she’s playing that crap once the grand prix starts!

What music boils your piss?

Lifer
    Free Member

there was an adoption of the blues as electric blues in the UK in the 60s.

It’s all about the Thames delta!

4ndyB
    Free Member

I agree with TJ

Early Mac is Blues, later Mac is Pop

Music that boils my piss:

Generic pop that the ‘artist’ didn’t write, play on or contribute to other than just looking pretty and miming on

RnB, sorry no. This modern RnB pish is not Rhythm and Blues

I could go on bit there’s something far more interesting about to start on BBC1, Fleetwood Mac you say…

Lifer
    Free Member

What music boils your piss?

No specific genre I think there is only ‘good’ and ‘bad’ but vacuous disposable, commodity driven, music as a product stuff like:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58OT6jlLvE[/video]

Apologies.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

grievoustim – Member

“Rumours” is a work of genius

😯

Its pappy pop.

toys19
    Free Member

TJ it thrills me to know the we do not have the same taste in music. Rumours is awesome. You can label it with whatever genre you like. Its way better than the Proclaimers and all that other crap you like..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My first real girlfriend loved rumours the album. it has good memories for me.

However its still just catchy pop. Its not a work of genius. Its just 70s MOR pop

toys19
    Free Member

Like I said, you can label it with whatever you like, just because you think its pop does not preclude it from being a work of genius. anyway you of all people labelling stuff, I thought you were genre resistant.

grievoustim
    Free Member

However its still just catchy pop. Its not a work of genius. Its just 70s MOR pop

This implies it is easy to do. If it was people would be releasing catchy, multiple platinum pop albums every week. It’s much easier to make an album of “authentic” blues then it is to make “Rumours”

toys19
    Free Member

ooh grievoustim, I like you.

Lifer
    Free Member

You use ‘genius’ quite a lot!

cheez0
    Free Member

Proclaimers are definitely on my piss boiling list.

And communards.

Anything with autotune.

No1 on the Adult Orientated Rock chart.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Sunday morning argument content’ is closed to new replies.