Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sunday in Dublin what to see where to stay
  • sparksmcguff

Have a day in Dublin on Sunday, what’s worth seeing, where’s nice to stay? I haven’t been since I was 17. Is it worth staying as centrally as possible and just spend the day walking around and enjoying the sights and a couple of pints. Or is the centre regularly over run by stag parties etc on the weekend. Only need accommodation for the Sunday night (preferably with easy access to the airport for Monday morning). Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers.

Albanach
    Free Member

Clontarf Castle is meant to be nice but no idea on price. Friends stayed in the Radisson Blue which was good apparently.

As for things to do…Kilmainham Jail, Modern Art at old barracks at end of Quays near Euston Station, catch a GAA match in Croke Park if there is one on, head for 3 rock for a hike, Merrion Square art sellers.

Dolcered

just back last week. we stayed in trinity capital (or capital trinity!) on.Pearse street, just a few minutes walk from the bottom of O’Connell street.

airport was 6euros on the airlnk service or 10 euro return open ended for 3 months. takes 25 mins or so.

we made good use of the hop on bus, gaol was good, storehouse was overpriced and touristy but we were! enjoyed learning to pour my own pint. Jameson whisky tour was better craic. gpo and the uprising was good. you’ll find plenty to do, we were there for 4 days, might have listed too much.

the famine tour on the Jeannie Johnston replica was an eyeopener.

have a good time.

sparksmcguff

Cheers for the tips. Sounds like I should have added a few more days to my incredibly important meeting.

boblo
    Free Member

If you’re on Ex’s, go to Shanhan’s on the Green. Fantastic food but a bit spendy for the loner picking up their own tab.

glacier79
    Free Member

Lived there for 3.5 years, so if it’s pubs your after here goes:

Keoghs – Just off grafton street, ace spot, lovely Guinness.
    Dawson Lounge – Irelands smallest pub.
    The international – Very good music, craic etc.
    Whelans – wexford street, top boozer.

All within 10 minutes walk of each other. Fact of the matter is that no matter where you end up there’s craic to be had. Avoid north side of the liffey, everything worth doing is southside and take the time to have a good wander – The train (Dart) out to Houth is a trip well worth taking. Lived round the corner from Clontarf castle, it’s okay but it’s in the suburbs so a bit out of the way.

sparksmcguff

Cheers guys. Really appreciate the recommendations always good to know what to head for when time’s a bit limited. What’s the beer like? And as a Scot is the whiskey any good?

GregMay
    Free Member

I live here if you fancy a pint 🙂

kimbers

for some learning n stuff the chester beaty library in dublin castle has an amazing collection of illustrated manuscripts from religions across the world

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

hire a bike and go for a spin up 3rock.track and trail or biking.ie for bike hire, if you ask nicely one of the locals will take you on a spin.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sunday in Dublin what to see where to stay’ is closed to new replies.