Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sun Ringle Equalizers rims anyone?
  • R.lepecha

Just wondering does anyone run Sun Ringle Equalizer rims.
    What are they like?

Also, Has anyone bought these ones?

MrTall
    Free Member

I run Sun Ringle Chargers on my 29er FS and they’ve been great. Stayed true and appear strong without being too heavy. Not sure exactly which rim it is though, although i seem to recall it’s some version of the equalizer.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Meta 5 came with Equalizer 27 as std.
    I ran them for a year without problems. Knocked em out of true quite quickly and was snapping spokes too frequently but that’s nothing to do with the rim. Had the rear rebuilt by a well known wheelbuilder in the Preston area and was faultless since.
    Only really changed because I fell out with the Shimano hub and was tempted by tubeless on Flows/Pro2.

R.lepecha

Thanks, they seem pretty decent then. I found some threads over on MTBR about the EQ21’s which said there really light whilst remaining quite stiff.
    I’ve bought them already since they seemed a good deal. Should be no Wheel building issues because they are built up by Merlin, I think.

Only thing they dont tell you is the exact model.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have the Equalizer 27 rims on Sun Ringle jumping flea hubs as stock on my Cube.

Very impressed with them so far – decent weight, quite stiff and no rim dings despite some pretty rocky riding so they seem tough.

smogmonster

Same as Chaka…equalizer rims on my Fritzz. Unfortunately i binned the whole rear wheel within 30 mins of riding in the Alps. Total POS. Now use Superstars which i think are bloody great.

cubemeup
    Free Member

i have them on my fritz they are pretty stong so far with my arse on them

R.lepecha

Thanks guys. That will put my mind at rest.
    I like destroying rims despite being a light rider, So its nice to know others can run these rims and not have issues.

jools182
    Free Member

Had them on a giant xtc
    No problems at all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sun Ringle Equalizers rims anyone?’ is closed to new replies.