Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sun Ringle Demon rear hub service help please
  • swisstony
    Free Member

I need to replace the bearings on my hub but I’m having trouble stripping it down and I can’t find any tech docs on their site.

I’ve removed the end caps and circlips but I can’t seem to get the free hub off. It certainly won’t pull straight off like a Hope one, I can ease it off a cm or so but it seems stuck fast after this. Am I missing something or is more brute force needed?

Once I get that off, does the axle just knock out??

Thanks

Simon

goldenwonder
    Free Member

More brute force required. Once the end caps & circlip are off, there’s nothing holding it on.
    Have you got a spare axel for it, as it’ll most likely be snapped when you get it out anyway!

swisstony
    Free Member

Thanks, it must be really stuck fast, I’ll get my puller on it now I know.

No spare axle but no indication that it’s snapped, fingers crossed!

swisstony
    Free Member

Thanks all sorted, it was very tight and needed the puller all the way and I needed the very big hammer for the axle, it’s in one piece though thankfully.

Thanks

swisstony
    Free Member

Now for the bearings, main ones each side came out fine but the free hub one won’t.

By the look of things they need to be pushed out through the body as there’s a lip for the circlip on the front? But behind the bearing are what look to be two spacers?

The very big hammer has failed to budge it so I’m just checking before I go all out?

Ta

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Circlip out, knock bearing out, spacer will fall out then see if the 2nd bearing has a circlip or not ( it’s getting a bit hazy with the wine this evening..)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sun Ringle Demon rear hub service help please’ is closed to new replies.